Port of Southampton terminal question

Any one familiar with customs at city cruise terminal Southampton.

Trying to decide if I should walk off with own luggage for a private pick up at 8:15 for 2 hr transfer to Heathrow. Need to be there by 11:00 

Or

Do earliest group walk off (don't know the time) with luggage taken by crew for a 9:00 am pickup (private) to be at Heathrow by 11.

2 minutes ago, krillsister said:

Trying to decide if I should walk off with own luggage for a private pick up at 8:15 for 2 hr transfer to Heathrow. Need to be there by 11:00 

Or

Do earliest group walk off (don't know the time) with luggage taken by crew for a 9:00 am pickup (private) to be at Heathrow by 11.

You walk straight off in Southampton and most European home ports. No immmigration or customs lines if it is a round trip from the same port. Takes 5 minutes and starts early at about 7. I would take the early transfer as traffic to Heathrow can be heavy.

You will probably be OK for no customs, with the extension that is currently being talked about we will probably still be in the EU then. You may want to keep an eye on the news because no one really knows what is actually going to happen.

On 3/16/2019 at 12:55 PM, krillsister said:

Or

I forgot to ask what LHR terminal your flight will use.  Our BA flight uses T5.

Also, might be easier to use chuckcrew@gmail.com for future communications as we finalize details.

THANKS!

Chuck & Nancy

On 3/16/2019 at 9:18 PM, kernow said:

You will probably be OK for no customs, with the extension that is currently being talked about we will probably still be in the EU then. You may want to keep an eye on the news because no one really knows what is actually going to happen.

2 hours SHOULD be ok, but as the last part of your journey is on the M25, best to allow all the time you can. We live fairly close to Heathrow and the journey to Southampton Can be about 90 mins on a good day. Double that if there is an accident on the Motorway. M27/ M3/M25.