only non-refundable deposit for 4/2020 out of Singapore??

abaci

My wife and I sat down to book a cruise in April 2020 out of Singapore. It fits with my son's spring break. However this far out we still need to see if my parents can watch my son and of course we can't start even looking at airfare. I got all the way through the entering of the info for the passengers and on the page to "Select Your Preferences" the only option is for dining and pre-paid gratuities. There is nothing for a refundable deposit. Is this new for RCCL? 

I've only sailed them once last summer for AK and when I booked that cruise I had the option for a refundable or non-refundable deposit with the non-refundable deposit giving you an extra $50 or $100 on board credit (I think it was $50). I'm booked on a Disney Cruise this October and that deposit is refundable as I'd assume every cruise line does. 

Is this something new where RCCL doesn't offer refundable deposits anymore? Or is it due to it embarking outside of the USA? Or is it a glitch and I should call RCCL? We think there should be no issues with taking the cruise, but this far out and not having care for our son lined up, we can't guarantee that. Any help or insight in how RCCL works is appreciated. Thanks 

3 hours ago, abaci said:

My wife and I sat down to book a cruise in April 2020 out of Singapore. It fits with my son's spring break. However this far out we still need to see if my parents can watch my son and of course we can't start even looking at airfare. I got all the way through the entering of the info for the passengers and on the page to "Select Your Preferences" the only option is for dining and pre-paid gratuities. There is nothing for a refundable deposit. Is this new for RCCL? 

I've only sailed them once last summer for AK and when I booked that cruise I had the option for a refundable or non-refundable deposit with the non-refundable deposit giving you an extra $50 or $100 on board credit (I think it was $50). I'm booked on a Disney Cruise this October and that deposit is refundable as I'd assume every cruise line does. 

Is this something new where RCCL doesn't offer refundable deposits anymore? Or is it due to it embarking outside of the USA? Or is it a glitch and I should call RCCL? We think there should be no issues with taking the cruise, but this far out and not having care for our son lined up, we can't guarantee that. Any help or insight in how RCCL works is appreciated. Thanks 

Which ship and date?

On 3/18/2019 at 2:04 AM, Merion_Mom said:

Which ship and date?

It's April 13, 2020 and Quantium of the Seas, I believe. Sorry don't have the paperwork in front of me. 

On 3/18/2019 at 3:49 AM, molly361 said:

If you are picking a guarantee category or a GS or higher they are only offered as non refundable

Ok,. I think that's what it was. They we're picking our room as it was the cheapest.

Is this for all sailings including out of the US? Or is this due to it being out of Asia?

We'll just have to wait longer to book once all of our ducks are in a row. 

32 minutes ago, abaci said:

Ok,. I think that's what it was. They we're picking our room as it was the cheapest.

Is this for all sailings including out of the US? Or is this due to it being out of Asia?

We'll just have to wait longer to book once all of our ducks are in a row. 

Yes all guarantee cabins regardless of where they sail from are non refundable  See below

8. Why was the decision made to enforce only non-refundable deposit fare options for Suite inventory (specifically Grand Suite or higher) and Guarantee categories? I

n an effort to preserve our valued Suite inventory and to ensure availability for our committed guests, a non-refundable deposit will become the only option for those guests interested in reserving an upper Suite. This also holds true for guarantee categories, including W/WS, X/XB, XN, Y/YO, and Z/ZI, where lower lead fares are typically the best deal.

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1