ES Price Protection?

1st4our25th

When booking the ES rate can the price protection form only be submitted if the cruise fare is lower on Carnival's site or can you submit if you see the price for the same cabin type lower elsewhere? I know you have the 2 day price guarantee when you first book, but wasn't sure if you could match prices with another site after that time has elapsed. 

Edited by 1st4our25th

I did submit the form, but the response I got was "one or more of the requirements have not been met and they went on to say the rates available were more expensive than the rates on the booking ". Of course they are now, but they weren't when I submitted the form and I have a ss to prove it. The only requirement not met I could come up with is if they only do the price protection within their site and not somewhere else (not sure if I'm allowed to put the site name in here). So I was just trying to figure out if that may be what it is.

I always recommend calling in and actually speaking with someone about ES claims.  They are very particular about what rates qualify and it has to be the exact same category as the room you have booked.  I have found calling in helps to ensure that I do get credited properly if I qualify or get a straight answer as to why I did not qualify (i.e. there are only two cabins in your category on the ship and they are both booked, so your category is sold out and therefore there is no price drop on that category).  

I don't know if Carnival recognizes price comparison from other websites, etc.  Truthfully, I've checked around a number of times over the years and Carnival's prices were the same or cheaper than other websites.  Others may have had luck, but I've never found one.  

Thank you @Qchell. I called to verify and make sure the reason for the denial and they did say they match their own rates on their site only. So I'm guessing the only time you can match to other sites is within the 2 days after originally booking. She did say keep checking with a mock booking just in case. 😊