Price adjustment question

ALS1214

My cruise went down $100 dollars ( after final payment) I had an inside guarantee. The balcony guarante became cheaper so i called my TA and she upgraded me to balcony guarantee for free, no fees, i kept my $200 on board credit. Later on she called and told us that NCL did want to charge us a " change" fee  but at the end they did not...

6 minutes ago, ALS1214 said:

My bliss cruise went down about $400 if I price adjust would I lose the $200 onboard credit. Also would they apply a fee to do an adjustment?  

IF you are pre-final payment they will adjust you to the new price and whatever the CURRENT perks are, which may or may not include the $200 onboard credit; even if it does not, it seems a good deal. If you are post-final-payment, they may offer an additional OBC or such to compensate for the price change, but it is discretionary at that point i.e. not an entitlement/given.

Edited by Notnewtoit

Did you book through NCL? If so they typically will give you an upgrade to any cabin level up to the same price you booked at.. Don’t jump too quickly as they will only do this one time... 

You can also pay the difference to upgrade and would only be charged the difference of the price you made final payment at and the current price.. This method has no limit...

We are 2 months past final payment on our May cruise.  I noticed that the price had dropped significantly (about $600), so I asked our TA if she would reach out to NCL to see if they would do anything.  In less than a day, she said they threw in $175OBC, but that, if the price dropped again, they wouldn't be able to do anything further.

We had a price drop a couple of weeks ago for our cruise in April. I called and the agent told me right away that I would either get 25% of the difference in OBC or get a complimentary upgrade.  For one of our cabins (we have 2, one with 3ppl and one with 2ppl) the price from an OV (what we booked) to a balcony dropped $247, but for our 2nd cabin the price did not go down enough for a free upgrade. 

So, for one cabin (3ppl) we got a free upgrade to a balcony and kept all our original perks (3rd person free, UBP and OBC). Since we wanted to keep both cabins together we paid the difference to upgrade the 2nd cabin. The second cabin lost the OBC since this perk was no longer being offered, but kept the other perks (they have the UBP and the excursion credit). 

If you pay for an upgrade you will lose the OBC. I think it is basically a rebooking situation. Our OBC was just $60 so not a huge deal to lose, especially since we had bids in place for balconies. If our bids had been approved we would've paid more than what we paid to upgrade + the OBC lost.  This way we also got connecting balconies and I was able to chose the exact location. After paying for the upgrade the price for that cabin went down $100, so I called and got $25 OBC. 

For the amount of OBC you have I would either get the free upgrade or the 25% OBC. Research it and find the best cabin you can get without paying extra.  Ask specifically for the category/cabin you want.