Who has been on the newly refurbished Navigator of the Seas

23 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Just curious.  We are going on the navigator for a nine night cruise starting next week.  Do you happen to know who is the current Loyalty Ambassador on board?

Mike (and Doris)

😎             😎

31 minutes ago, peacebeautytruth said:

Just curious.  We are going on the navigator for a nine night cruise starting next week.  Do you happen to know who is the current Loyalty Ambassador on board?

Mike (and Doris)

😎             😎

Sorry, no idea.

1 hour ago, peacebeautytruth said:

Mike (and Doris)

😎             😎

We were on the March 1st, 9 Night sailing. The Loyalty Ambassador was Ruby Abaya. She was friendly and extremely helpful. We really liked her.

We were on the first sailing after the refurb. We had 2 formal nights, night 2 and night 7. It was way more casual than I've seen. Most men wore shirts and ties, some sportcoats and a few suits. Not as dressy as Jewel in europe.

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from the March 29 sailing.  The ship is in good shape.  The water slides are fast and a blast.  We found formal nights to be dressy, a couple of tuxes, many men in just shirts and ties or shirts and sport coat, the women dressy- cocktail dresses and sparkles.  The other dinners on the other hand, pretty much anything goes.  Jeans, t-shirts, shorts, nothing was being stopped at the door.  While I am usually not so picky, it was slightly disappointing to see the beautifully set tables with diners in t-shirts and shorts straight off the beach.  

The service in the dining rooms was very good, our cabin steward excellent.  The singers in the Copper & Clover and the Schooner Bar were both fantastic and we enjoyed nearly every night.  Two comedians on board (one a ventriloquist) were hilarious and I would highly recommend.  The "impressionist" singer they had was below average.  All musical acts were excellent, in the promenade, up on the pool deck, the bands, all top notch.  Playmakers was a fun place, and packed each night of the March Madness games- fun memories there!   

Now the not so good:  Why they insist on having the volume on the pool deck so loud no one can have a conversation (or listen to their own headphones) is always a question I have.  This cruise was no different.  They have removed all the loungers from the windows by the pool- replaced them with tables, so there is no ocean viewing from loungers, unless in the Solarium (we were traveling with a 14 year old, so this was not an option for us).  There was no where to sit inside and enjoy quiet and water views, unless it was the Cosmopolitan Club, which overlooks the pools.  The chairs here are not comfy long term.  The food in the buffet was not good quality and I would rate a consistent C-.  The chaos on the Windjammer is stressful.  Nothing seems to be placed logically or with a flow of traffic, though the new drink stations, coffee servers and hand washing stations are wonderful additions.  The meals in the dining room were average, with a couple nights rating a "meh".  The Prime Rib was delicious, and the French Onion Soup is a must- served every night, please try.  The shrimp were not good, the lobster was OK, and I was strongly disappointed in the lack of seafood offerings (sole was on the menu twice!).  Chair hogs were in their prime. Though we were reminded in the Compass every night to not reserve chairs and personal items would be removed after 30 minutes, we never saw this happen.  My husband and I watched 4 chairs sit untouched for 2.5 hours before 1 person came and sat down on 1 of the 4 chairs.  Walking through decks 11 and 12 on sea days, the majority of chairs were "taken", but unoccupied.  

Did not notice changes to the cabins except the new carpet and couch- my cabin had a new hairdryer.  For those that need a reminder- Shampoo/Conditioner combo dispenser on the wall of the shower, bar soap.  No lotion provided- or pen and paper in the cabin.  Towel animals every other night though, and each room was different! 

My family of 4 very much enjoyed our cruise.  After many cruises on several cruise lines, just thought I would toss in my reviews after being on this newly refurbished ship.  Service excellent,  food not so much.  Islands were beautiful, musicians fabulous.  Enjoy!  

Edited by rkreilly
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Went on both 9 night ABC and 5 night Nassau.  First was the most formal we have seen in 15 years - lots of tuxes formal night and all men wearing at least collared shirts every night.  The 5 night was the opposite - three or four tuxes and 20% coats.  Mostly collared shirts on all night, though.

The short cruise had a lot of people with just carry-on luggage and they didn't dress up much.  And they also didn't show up on deck until nearly 10 AM (far less chair hogs).  Large group from Brazil plus a Rally's Restaurant Top 10 award group.

Crew is NOT looking forward to the 3/4 day rotations.  Too many turnaround days.