Limelight, queue or allocated seats?

Eglesbrech

I am looking forward to a show at the Limelight but what is the current situation re seating please?

Is your table allocated anyway or should we go early to get a decent seat (we booked it early so hope it is the former if it is based on booking date)

I read different information on a post late last year about this, can anyone who has been onboard recently advice what the current practice is.

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

I am looking forward to a show at the Limelight but what is the current situation re seating please?

Is your table allocated anyway or should we go early to get a decent seat (we booked it early so hope it is the former if it is based on booking date)

I read different information on a post late last year about this, can anyone who has been onboard recently advice what the current practice is.

Let you know in July.

Last year it was pre allocated seats. I went to check a couple of days before because my hubby is in a wheelchair and I wanted to make sure we could get to the table. I was shown the table they were going to give us. When we turned up on the night the Maitre d' decided to put us in a better place.

34 minutes ago, stocktonmackem said:

Last year it was pre allocated seats. I went to check a couple of days before because my hubby is in a wheelchair and I wanted to make sure we could get to the table. I was shown the table they were going to give us. When we turned up on the night the Maitre d' decided to put us in a better place.

Thanks. I hope they stick to that then, I hate queues 😀

• Like 1

I pre-booked last year on the day the shows became available. we had the best seats. we enjoyed the evening so much we booked another night whilst on board and although the seats were fine definitely not as good. 

I would always pre-book as early as possible if we are on Britannia again

The seating in the Limelight club is fairly good from all angles.

Seats are allocated when you book but you are not given a table number. If its a quiet night, and you go ask in advance, they will move you to any spare table. They will even show you the tables available first.

Yes, a queue forms early to get in. We stroll in about 30 seconds before the time you are requested to attend. The attendance time is not show start time. Its the calculated time so they can take your drinks orders and get the meal started before the on stage time agreed with the act.

When we were in the Caribbean in February 2018, as we walked past the forward staircase on our way to the venue, the act was sat on the stairs chatting on his mobile & only semi clad! he cant of appeared on stage for another 30+ minutes.

• Like 1

We went twice in December, booked pre cruise for one and had seats in front row, booked on board for the other night and had seats in middle, still good, imo👍🏼 we were told by one of the waiters that we became friendly with that seats are allocated in advance and you get the better ones the earlier you book

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2019 at 8:42 PM, Gymbod said:

We went twice in December, booked pre cruise for one and had seats in front row, booked on board for the other night and had seats in middle, still good, imo👍🏼 we were told by one of the waiters that we became friendly with that seats are allocated in advance and you get the better ones the earlier you book

We were on last week and had booked early online for Gareth Gates. There was a queue at entry but the tables had been allocated, and we were on the front row, seemingly because we had booked early.

Incidentally because the demand for Gareth Gates was high the price had increased from £25 to £35 on board.

• Like 1