Price protection

I was under the impression that if I found a lower price for same date, ship, cabin etc anywhere they would match it, even if it was a TA site. However when I tried yesterday they said no. I just wanted to confirm that they were correct not to price match as the girl seemed uncertain.

They will not match to anything that you have to have a membership to obtain (think a certain big box store), group fares, or OBC or other "perks" offered by TAs.  If you find a lower cruise fare, they will match it, otherwise.

The kicker here is that Carnival will not permit the "discounting" of cruise fares by travel agents.

Edited by Schoifmom

2 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

They will not match to anything that you have to have a membership to obtain (think a certain big box store).  They will also not match OBC or other "perks" offered by TAs.  If you find a lower cruise fare, they will match it, otherwise.

The kicker here is that Carnival will not permit the "discounting" of cruise fares by travel agents.

This was from a cruise site but not a membership one (don't think I'm allowed to say the name here) and I was only asking for the cabin rate adjustment. Unsure if perks were offered as well with the TA site as I was only looking at the price.

1 minute ago, Tracey.kinney425 said:

This was from a cruise site but not a membership one (don't think I'm allowed to say the name here) and I was only asking for the cabin rate adjustment. Unsure if perks were offered as well with the TA site as I was only looking at the price.

It's possible that it was a group fare.  How did you book?  Do you have a PVP that could help you with this?

Basically, it has to be a Carnival-advertised or -offered rate.  Otherwise, they will probably find a reason why they cannot honor it.  I will say, in their defense, we had an ES booking once, and I was able to price-match twice -- after final payment!

25 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

It's possible that it was a group fare.  How did you book?  Do you have a PVP that could help you with this?

No, it  looked like I could just book it the same you would on Carnival site. I'm going to email my PVP and include a screenshot from the TA site and see what she says.

2 hours ago, Tracey.kinney425 said:

No, it  looked like I could just book it the same you would on Carnival site. I'm going to email my PVP and include a screenshot from the TA site and see what she says.

It still could have been a group rate. Travel agencies will reserve group space and then book their clients into it even if they are not "together". I used to work for a travel agency and it was done all the time. Definitely have your PVP look into it though. 

• Like 1

I believe the price guarantee is for when Carnival's rate changes. I am booked for Panama Canal cruise for the end if September. I have gotten it lowered three times now saving almost $1,000 total.

4 hours ago, Tracey.kinney425 said:

I just went through this same thing. Sent in the form on Sunday got denied on Monday. I ended up calling to be sure the reason since they really didn't explain. I was told they do not match any site except their own (except for the first 2 days after booking I'm  assuming). She told me I had until 2 days before sailing to keep checking the Carnival site.

7 hours ago, Tracey.kinney425 said:

I was under the impression that if I found a lower price for same date, ship, cabin etc anywhere they would match it, even if it was a TA site. However when I tried yesterday they said no. I just wanted to confirm that they were correct not to price match as the girl seemed uncertain.

I was just thinking, if they only allow price matching from their own site why does the form ask "Where was this fare and the website"?

1 hour ago, 1st4our25th said:

I was just thinking, if they only allow price matching from their own site why does the form ask "Where was this fare and the website"?

I think because for the 1st 48 hours they will price match anyone......just a guess as to why.

17 minutes ago, Tracey.kinney425 said:

I think because for the 1st 48 hours they will price match anyone......just a guess as to why.

Oh ok. I was thinking there was a different form to fill out for the 2 day lowest price guarantee.