Unforgettable Croatia

I’m trying to find information on the unforgettable Croatia cruises not sure if that’s just a travel agent or a cruise line the itinerary looks very interesting anyone have any experience with this organization

• 4 years later...
On 3/22/2019 at 9:52 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

No, but I have cruised with the Croatian small boat company Katarina  Cruises. Very small bats (60 max passengers). We loved it, but very different from the usual types of cruise.

I wonder if you could share anything about your experience on Katarina?  I have been looking at their cruises, but it is very hard to find any information about them.  Thanks so much.

20 minutes ago, Ben2travel said:

I wonder if you could share anything about your experience on Katarina?  I have been looking at their cruises, but it is very hard to find any information about them.  Thanks so much.

Very happy to do so. We went through a UK travel company that had booked the whole boat, so it was all UK passengers. I guess if you booked direct with Katarina you could have a ‘mixed bag’ of nationalities on board.

We really enjoyed our cruise. It was from Split to Split calling at Korcula, Dubrovnik and Hvar plus a couple of other stops at much smaller places.

The format is that you have breakfast and lunch onboard, but go ashore for dinner (except for one night when we had a ‘CaptainsDinner’ and another  night when we were at a very small place and the ships cook asked if we’d rather eat onboard. We all agreed so paid for him to cook us a BBQ.)

We were on a De Luxe vessel and the cabin was good - very roomy. Food was fine but obviously not ‘fine dining’. There was always plenty of it and we ate well. There were few crew - Captain, First Mate, Chef and a couple of ‘dogsbodies’ who did everything else.

Most days we sailed in the morning including anchoring in a quiet bay so we could have a swim off the back of the boat (there were ladders going down into the water).

On our cruise we had an English speaking guide, but also if we stopped in a larger port (Hvar, Dubrovnik, Korcula) we had a local guide to give us a tour. I’m not sure if our on-board guide and the local guides are always included or if this was organised thro’ the UK travel agent.

Drinks we’re not included, but there was a bar and you could get most drinks, including local wine by the glass.

Hope that’s helpful, please get back to me if you have any other questions.

8 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Very happy to do so. We went through a UK travel company that had booked the whole boat, so it was all UK passengers. I guess if you booked direct with Katarina you could have a ‘mixed bag’ of nationalities on board.

Hope that’s helpful, please get back to me if you have any other questions.

Thanks so much!  Sounds fantastic.  We've just started looking at this so may have questions later on.  My wife and I stopped at a few places in Croatia on a sailing cruise last summer and loved it.  I started looking at Sail Croatia (which seems pretty similar) and then stumbled upon Katrina, but it is difficult finding out much about either one so your comments are very useful.  I appreciate it.

• Like 1

We went on a cruise last year with Unforgettable Croatia, and can recommend. We were on a signature cruise and had a fantastic time.  Breakfast & lunch on board, there was always bread and salad before the main course and dessert. You could help yourself to tea and coffee and various biscuits whenever you wanted and there was a water cooler to refill water bottle. We had two evening meals on our trip.

We were picked up at Split airport in a very nice vehicle and taken to the hotel we had booked for a couple of nights (I booked direct with hotel and did not use the hotels offered), we were collected from the hotel on the day of cruise departure and taken direct to the ship and then at the end of the cruise taken to our apartment in Cavtat (booked apartment myself as well) all the transfers were included.

I booked this cruise for 2020, changed to 2021 and then finally changed to  2022 all this was done without any problems so even though they are agents as such the service in our experience was very good. The crew also wore Unforgettable Croatia shirts and other things such as drink bottles were embossed with the company name so it appeared they had chartered the boat. 

We had jet ski rides, paddle boards and a selection of flotation aids on board.   

We had a mixture of nationalities but all English speaking, American, Canadian and British.  The boat was very comfortable we had a small balcony and plenty of room in the cabin similar to a normal cabin on a cruise ship. We also stopped for a swim stop before lunch and then each afternoon we were in a different Port, there were organised tours included  in most places but we did not always attend them choosing to wander ourselves.  The national park was a coach ride away as was the oyster farm both were excellent trips. Our cruise director was Croatian very interesting and we learnt a lot about Croatia. 

Thanks for this. We’ve been considering Sail Croatia, which seems to have similar cruises, but will now look more closely at Unforgettable. I saw their website, but haven’t been able to find out much about them.

• 8 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2023 at 8:40 AM, Ben2travel said:

Did you go on one of the small ship Croatia cruises? We are currently looking at Sail Croatia.  Thanks so much.

Edited by Gangogh