Just booked - sailing in 101 days from now!

DukeASUGirl

We're escaping from the kids for a few days over 4th of July. My parents are moving to this state, and we'll be shipping the 7-yr-old and 9-yr-old up to stay with the grandparents (2 hours north of her) while we head to Mexico!

So excited!

It'll be our first solo cruise since before the kids were born. Heck, not just first solo cruise, but first solo anything. We've never taken so much as an overnight away from the kids (except for the occasional business trip, but not both of us together). We'll be celebrating our 15-yr anniversary during the cruise. 🙂

Is the only way to get a table for 2 if we choose YTD? We'd most likely eat right around 6-ish whether we did Early seating or YTD. If we went then to YTD, is it likely we would get a table right away without waiting?

Edited by DukeASUGirl
  • Like 1

I can’t speak for the Imagination but we just got off the Splendor, MX Riviera 7 day cruise and YTD had some long waits at times. 

In my past 4 cruises it was the longest YTD waits ever experienced. I think it had more to do with Splendor than anything else. On the Vista (2x) our longest YTD wait was 10 mins. That’s both as a 2 top table and cruising with friends as a 10 top which were seated as 2 5 tops.

Happy 15th! And enjoy yourselves! 

In my experience, if you're there at 6 for YTD, the only wait is the line to get to the check-in stand.  If you do assigned dining, you can request a two top, but it would not be guaranteed.  In any case, both in YTD and in assigned, two tops are close together and it's more a polite understanding that you're not seated together.

You can email the MaitreD a few days before the cruise and ask for a table for 2 in early seating.  I've actually asked for a booth for 2 since on most ships the tables for 2 are within inches of each other so it's like being at a table for 6.  We've always been seated at a booth that is actually for 4, so it was nice and roomy.  I did ask for a booth for 4 of us when our daughters sailed with us on the Paradise, but we were seated at a table for 4 that was at the most 6 inches away from the next table. 

To get the email address for the Maitre D, do a search on this board - I've seen the list several times in previous posts.

On 3/22/2019 at 7:52 AM, sc4125 said:

You can email the MaitreD a few days before the cruise and ask for a table for 2 in early seating.  I've actually asked for a booth for 2 since on most ships the tables for 2 are within inches of each other so it's like being at a table for 6.  We've always been seated at a booth that is actually for 4, so it was nice and roomy.  I did ask for a booth for 4 of us when our daughters sailed with us on the Paradise, but we were seated at a table for 4 that was at the most 6 inches away from the next table. 

To get the email address for the Maitre D, do a search on this board - I've seen the list several times in previous posts.

You can do this, but its far from guaranteed. I've had 0 luck and just do YTD every time now to guarantee a table for two 

In my experience with YTD you can ALWAYS get a table for 2 when you want it... but as an earlier poster mentioned, the tables for 2 are mostly very close together, so it's not exactly private and intimate.

Make sure you mention on your Online checkin that you're celebrating your anniversary- we did and found that the crew in both the dining rooms and specialty restaurants were happy to celebrate with you with a free dessert!