Baltic Cruise on Brilliance comming up in August. I have a few questions

We are looking forward to our 12 night Baltic Cruise.  This will be our first non-caribbean cruise so we are expecting differences and are ready for the big ones thanks to the great folks of CC.  I'm looking for some information regarding some of the smaller details that I'm curious about how different they are from a Caribbean Cruise.

Ports of call:

1. AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS
  2. COPENHAGEN, DENMARK
  3. TALLINN, ESTONIA
  4. ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA
  5. ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA
  6. HELSINKI, FINLAND
  7. STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
  8. SKAGEN, DENMARK

Food

I assume most of the Menus in the specialty restaurants will remain pretty much the same, but what about MDR?  Will they be exactly the same,  mostly similar with minor changes or completely different.  My DW and I will try anything so, if completely different, fine, but if there are different offerings than NA cruises, what should we keep and eye out for.

We have a 3 night Specialty Restaurant package + a Chef's Table

Not a big fan of Windjammer, but on a 12 night cruise, we might make it there a few times if there is reason for it.

Drinks

Are there drinks or beers that tend to be offered on a Baltic Cruise that we should watch for... I like Baltic Porter beer 😉 and we have the package.

Entertainment

I see reviews from NA Brilliance itineraries with the musical entertainment.  Will the Baltic cruises offer mostly the same entertainers or some are specific to Baltic itineraries?

Thanks in advance for any info.

dp

27 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Questions for menus and entertainment are specific to RCI. Have you asked on the RCI board?

Hum, you are right.  I usually just hang out in that area anyway and was expecting to be redirected to this section, but you are right.  It is not really port information, mostly ship specific.

Thanks, I'll re-post over there

dp

4 hours ago, dpostman said:

Food

I assume most of the Menus in the specialty restaurants will remain pretty much the same, but what about MDR?  Will they be exactly the same,  mostly similar with minor changes or completely different.  My DW and I will try anything so, if completely different, fine, but if there are different offerings than NA cruises, what should we keep and eye out for.

Well I’ve never taken a Caribbean cruise, so maybe this is always true, but I thought it was cool the Baltic cruise had “local cuisine” options each night. This was 5-6 years ago, so I can’t recall specifics but there was lots of fish in Finland and Sweden (I tried the gravlax), I think some potato pancakes in Germany, and Russian items in SPB. I think they were mostly appetizers on the MDR menu, but the buffet also had local offerings. I tried an apple yogurt for breakfast in Germany; yogurt is obviously not exotic, but I’ve never seen apple here in the US and I eat yogurt every day!

Since you say you’ll try anything: Not on board, but when in Tallinn try the local Valla Tallinn liquor. There is an original version, plus a cream one which is like an Estonian Baileys!

bon appetit 

Edited by GlennaRoseGoes

30 minutes ago, GlennaRoseGoes said:

Well I’ve never taken a Caribbean cruise, so maybe this is always true, but I thought it was cool the Baltic cruise had “local cuisine” options each night. This was 5-6 years ago, so I can’t recall specifics but there was lots of fish in Finland and Sweden (I tried the gravlax), I think some potato pancakes in Germany, and Russian items in SPB. I think they were mostly appetizers on the MDR menu, but the buffet also had local offerings. I tried an apple yogurt for breakfast in Germany; yogurt is obviously not exotic, but I’ve never seen apple here in the US and I eat yogurt every day!

Since you say you’ll try anything: Not on board, but when in Tallinn try the local Valla Tallinn liquor. There is an original version, plus a cream one which is like an Estonian Baileys!

bon appetit 

Thanks.  Gonna add to my list of things to look for.

Cheers

dp