Honesty on Goff's Caye

EllisEnchanted

I was originally very interested in a day at Goff's Caye.  However, I read a review or two that has me concerned.  I don't want to believe all the negative if it is just people who are always negative.  I would like an honest assessment before I haul my family over there.  Anyone been?  Here are my questions: 1. Do you have to stay all day or will they take you back after a couple of hours if you want to go? 2. Are there shaded areas? 3. How clean are those bathrooms?

Can't answer all your questions as it's been a while, but the shore excursioner tour was around 4 hours and an hour of that was travel time to and from.  As the whole tour group is together, you can't just turn around and head back, unless probably your group is the entire tour group.  Not a large boat.

The place is(was) basically a spit of sand with a dock and an open air pavilion, couple of picnic tables.  They sold soda, water, Beliken beer and BBQ sammies.  Don't think it's changed that much since except maybe some storms have reduced the sand area.

Adding:  the snorkeling is great though, especially for novice snorkelers.

Edited by crewsweeper

My one trip there was several years ago.  I booked with one of the guides at the port.  My whole point of going was the snorkeling. If you don’t want to snorkel I can’t recommend going.  There’s nothing else there.  

To your specific questions, you will have to stay until your entire tour group is scheduled to leave, whenever that is.  I wouldn’t count on shade availability as there are (were) only some palm trees but not many and for all I know they are gone now.  The restrooms are pretty funky.  

I wouldn’t take my family there for a relaxing day at the beach.  I was glad my wife hadn’t gone as I would have felt like I had to cut my snorkeling short and I’m sure I would have heard all about the ladies room funkiness.  Snorkeling. That’s it man.  

you can not go back when you want.   Everyone goes to and from in one trip.  I felt the excursion was too short.   I wanted more time.  

There isn't a lot of shade.   

I didn't find the bathrooms too bad.  They were decent for being on an island in the middle of the ocean.   🙂

I have a review from our day at goffs caye.   Its in my signature with my carnival dream review.