Place just past the cruise center beach/Margaritaville?

bjfitz0703

Was at Grand Turk in 2009 and just past the cruise beach to the left and margaritaville you pass a fence on the beach and there is a place with a bar/restaurant and pool.  Not as far as Jack's Shack though yet this place was awesome back then.  Anyone have insight?  Can't remember its name.  Is it still there?

thanks

Going to be in Grand Turk in few days with the Caribbean Princess and I will give you  the answers then 🙂 I am excited about Grand Turk. I have been there 10 years ago and I remember just lying on the beach.Now we want to do something different, but still includes beach time 🙂

• Like 1

That was called Local Food/Village. Big sign. In an old "motel" type structure.

Out of business.  But when we were there in January, looked like somebody had opened up a place, or was using the beach in front.  Didn't see the name.

Similarly there was a barn like structure set back a ways, forgot the name, but the ship crews used to populate the place.  Its been closed a few years as was still closed in January.

On 3/24/2019 at 4:28 PM, Kate P.C said:

Going to be in Grand Turk in few days with the Caribbean Princess and I will give you  the answers then 🙂 I am excited about Grand Turk. I have been there 10 years ago and I remember just lying on the beach.Now we want to do something different, but still includes beach time 🙂

Thanks.  9 years ago it was a bar with a pool and the beach right there.  Margaritaville was swamped and this place was so great.  like 25% full and relaxing.  Great place.  We all loved it.

• 2 months later...
On 3/26/2019 at 8:14 PM, bjfitz0703 said:

Thanks.  9 years ago it was a bar with a pool and the beach right there.  Margaritaville was swamped and this place was so great.  like 25% full and relaxing.  Great place.  We all loved it.

That used to be the Crew Bar...........last hurricane destroyed it.  When I was there in january, other places had sprouted up just beyond that site.......small beach bar shacks or just guys renting loungers.  Miss that place..........great drinks & massages.