Was Costa sold to MSC?

SeaTheW0r1d

No - that is a strange rumour.  Costa was sold to the Carnival Group years ago in 2000.  I am a regular visitor to the MSC pages and website - it hasnt been on the news there.  According to Wiki it is still owned by Carnival Group.

19 hours ago, SeaTheW0r1d said:

So I'm on MSC Divina right now (March 24, 2019). I've heard from a couple different people that Costa had been sold to MSC?

Has anyone heard anything to confirm or deny?

It seems strange when two cruise companies are involved you chose only to post on the Costa forum and not on the much more active MSC forum!

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 10:49 AM, G.M.T. said:

Even stranger, who take time out to answer my message and post on the MSC forum about the gym on MSC Divinia (twice) but still no message about Costa sold to MSC that you heard on Divinia!!!

And blocked.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 9:09 PM, Janet&Carl said:

No - that is a strange rumour.  Costa was sold to the Carnival Group years ago in 2000.  I am a regular visitor to the MSC pages and website - it hasnt been on the news there.  According to Wiki it is still owned by Carnival Group.

We were on board the Costa Victoria when the Captain announced that Carnival bought the beloved family line.  Everyone moaned and groaned...he went on to say that Carnival said nothing would change....6 months later we were on the same ship doing the TA...all of the Italians were gone.....yah...nothing changed all right !