Spring Break cruise review 3/9-3/16 Carnival Freedom Galveston

Quilcruisers

Thanks again for your great review, and I have a solution for the bathing suits.  I read that the walls of the cabin are metal so bought some hooks on amazon for the walls.  They worked great to spread the suits out for the night and they were dry the next day and we removed them in the morning before housekeeping came just so he didn't snag himself on them lol!  They were the best cruise "hack" yet!!  Try them on your next cruise!! 🙂

• Like 1

I enjoyed your review so much!! Thank you for sharing. I have 2 questions.  Did you say that if you don't use the free laundry they will credit your account?   and where did you get that adorable black pant outfit that you wore for the last elegant night?

• Like 1

Love this review.  Love your relationship with your son.  I have 5 kids and the youngest was 13 when we started cruising.  Now he is 21.  We still cruise together and I count my blessings every time we do.  So enjoy reading reviews of people who go with family.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 10:48 AM, KimPossible1 said:

Thanks again for your great review, and I have a solution for the bathing suits.  I read that the walls of the cabin are metal so bought some hooks on amazon for the walls.  They worked great to spread the suits out for the night and they were dry the next day and we removed them in the morning before housekeeping came just so he didn't snag himself on them lol!  They were the best cruise "hack" yet!!  Try them on your next cruise!! 🙂

Thank you for this hack. I will certainly try this . I have heavy magnetic hooks that I bought years ago, we made my son a “cave” in the cabin with hooks on the ceiling and black curtains.  I still have them and need to go to the garage to get them. 

On 4/11/2019 at 11:37 AM, sredish said:

I so enjoyed reading this and following along with you!  Now I want to go on vacation with you!!  Ha!  

Thank you for following.  Writing about it helps me relive the cruise. I think I might be addicted.  

On 4/11/2019 at 6:24 PM, 1cruisingal said:

I enjoyed your review so much!! Thank you for sharing. I have 2 questions.  Did you say that if you don't use the free laundry they will credit your account?   and where did you get that adorable black pant outfit that you wore for the last elegant night?

Thank you for following. Yes, I learned from this site that they will give you a 45.00 credit to your account for 3 bags of laundry as your platinum perk. I love the perk, but it is a chore to get everything together to send it off. I probably could throw a load in the machine for that time.  

‘’The black outfit I got from a thrift store here in town.  I get most of my outfits from Ross, JcPenney, the thrift store or Marshall’s.  A lot of the elegant night stuff I get from thrift stores and have it cleaned for the cruise. I haven’t paid full price for my cruise elegant outfits in many years. 

I do not spend a lot on my clothes or shoes, I have so many shoes and clothes but that’s why. I like to have a variety of outfits and mostly overpack 🙂. The shoes were “Guess” and I got them from Ross for 13.00.  

On 4/11/2019 at 9:50 PM, sprint180 said:

Love this review.  Love your relationship with your son.  I have 5 kids and the youngest was 13 when we started cruising.  Now he is 21.  We still cruise together and I count my blessings every time we do.  So enjoy reading reviews of people who go with family.

Thank you for following.  Yes it is a blessing to have kids and I am quite proud of my son. This was our first time with just the two of us, we went to Florida last year for spring break with my friend and her son and 2 grand babies. I love cruising with a group.  I have a daughter too, she is 27 and just got married in July.  We have cruised with her and her husband before they were married.  

‘My husband goes most of the time but a “cruise a quarter” is not his cup of tea.