Best dive shops on roatan?

amberm_c

There are several up at the West End.   West End Divers is a PADI5 and been around a long time.  Good rep. Roatan Divers, Coconut Tree Divers also have good reps.  All 3 have websites.

Bananarama in West Bay began as a dive resort and still offers diving along with their beach and facilities.  Good spot if some of your party doesn't want to dive.

There are some shops in French Harbor, but not familiar with them.

There are heaps and heaps of dive shops all over the island.

When this question is asked on the Trip Advisor Roatan forum the experienced divers say it is a very personal choice, everyone has a favorite  and making contact with several shop to get a feel of them is the best course. 

There are some fair serious divers on the TripAdvisor Roatan forum if you want to ask them. 

How many divers do you have?  Are you bringing equipment or need rental gear?  

What port and port times?  

Roatan is a fantastic dive location, and I really haven't heard any negatives about any of the dive shops there.  We have done 2 land-based dive trips there (stayed at CocoView resort) which has its own dive shop.  Fantastic diving on southside of island.  BUT we have also been cruising recently and dived with AnthonyKeysResort, the op used by the cruise ships.  They dive on northside of island. 

Reefs are fantastic on both.  We opted for AKR this last cruise there because we wanted to dive that side of island instead of southside.  We thought the dive op was really good, and divided people up according to experience.  Dives were good length and surface interval was back at the pier at AKR where you could purchase refreshements in their little snack shop on pier.  Good hour surface interval, too, just relaxing.  It was a very stress-free 2 dives.  Transported us there and back on nice bus.  Back at pier in plenty of time to get lunch and shop.

my video:

Some of the easiest diving anywhere!  Barely any current, great coral and sealife.  Had a huge eagle ray swim right by us as we hopping in for second dive.  I didn't have camera ready, boo.

Sorry video quality isn't best, my old GoPro2 was dying.  I could have gotten a lot more footage of the reefs, etc, but it kept shutting off on me.  I replaced it with a GoPro5 right after this trip.

robin

• Thanks 1