Transportation from MSY (New Orleans) airport to hotel pre-cruise

DJW8385

Hi Forum,

My family and I have an upcoming cruise (6/30/19 - 7/7/19) on the Carnival Glory. We’re flying out to New Orleans two days prior and I wanted to know if anyone can recommend a shuttle service to get us from the airport to our hotel on Canal Street. Any feedback is is welcomed and appreciated 🙂

DJW, 

You don't specify how many people you will have, but I generally find that taxi or Uber/Lyft is easiest, unless you have a big group. Taxi's are $36 for one or two people or $15pp for 3 or more. The taxi line is well organized and the attendant will put you in a minivan if that is what fits your group.

Alternatively, there are shuttle companies that load up shared vans to deliver passengers to hotels in the French Quarter, Central Business district and Warehouse District. A list of approved companies is on the MSY website: http://www.flymsy.com/groundtransportation.

I hope this helps!

dctravel

Anytime I've been to MSY I've found that the Uber/Lyft cars are of a much higher quality and better priced than the taxis-- the New Orleans taxis have been in steady decline for a while with some very old cars. If you have 2 or more people Uber/Lyft options are going to be just as, if not less expensive than a per person shuttle. 

On 3/29/2019 at 10:20 AM, dctravel said:

DJW, 

You don't specify how many people you will have, but I generally find that taxi or Uber/Lyft is easiest, unless you have a big group. Taxi's are $36 for one or two people or $15pp for 3 or more. The taxi line is well organized and the attendant will put you in a minivan if that is what fits your group.

Alternatively, there are shuttle companies that load up shared vans to deliver passengers to hotels in the French Quarter, Central Business district and Warehouse District. A list of approved companies is on the MSY website: http://www.flymsy.com/groundtransportation.

I hope this helps!

dctravel

Thank you both for replying back. My family of six are traveling with me. I’ll definitely check our Uber/Lyft and the airport approved shuttles. Thank you again for your feedback

• Like 1