Fitness center open on Navigator?

mavs77

My wife and I are interested in booking a last minute cruise on the remodeled Navigator for the end of April. 

I read a trip report that said the gym was not open yet. I’m wondering if this has changed. The gym not being available is a deal breaker for us. 

Thank you

On a serious note, if the gym wasn't open, could you perhaps run on the track or do laps in the pool?

I know some folks are quite fanatical about gyms, but could you improvise and still have an enjoyable cruise or would that just be an absolute no-go?

54 minutes ago, poncho1973 said:

On a serious note, if the gym wasn't open, could you perhaps run on the track or do laps in the pool?

I know some folks are quite fanatical about gyms, but could you improvise and still have an enjoyable cruise or would that just be an absolute no-go?

Not having access to weight training equipment would be a non-starter for me. I go to the gym every day, and sometimes 2x day (30 mins cardio in the morning, weight training in the afternoon). For me it's an essential part of my daily routine. With so many ships afloat there would be no reason for me to pay money and not have the facilities that I want to have an enjoyable vacation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, mavs77 said:

Thank you, Caz. Good to hear. I was mainly concerned that the weights and machines wouldn’t be available. 

It looked fairly well equipped for weight training in the brief video walkthrough I saw. I'm one of those people who trains at home and likes to know what the gym is like... Takes her training gear but ends up not using it. 😁

If you happen to be thinking of booking the 7 day itinerary at the end of April be sure to join our roll call 👍

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Not having access to weight training equipment would be a non-starter for me. I go to the gym every day, and sometimes 2x day (30 mins cardio in the morning, weight training in the afternoon). For me it's an essential part of my daily routine. With so many ships afloat there would be no reason for me to pay money and not have the facilities that I want to have an enjoyable vacation. 

This was a special case of the ship just getting out of a MAJOR drydock renovation and the fitness center was closed for about a week after.  Other than situations like that, fitness centers are always open.  No need to look around for ships that do or do not have their gyms open.

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher

4 hours ago, poncho1973 said:

For cardio, sure. I actually would prefer that over a treadmill. But it’s not a replacement for weights. The main reason it would be an absolute no go is due to the amount of options. There’s no reason to sacrifice anything. 

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Exactly. 

1 hour ago, CazV said:

It looked fairly well equipped for weight training in the brief video walkthrough I saw. I'm one of those people who trains at home and likes to know what the gym is like... Takes her training gear but ends up not using it. 😁

If you happen to be thinking of booking the 7 day itinerary at the end of April be sure to join our roll call 👍

Yes my wife and I are now officially booked for the April 26th sailing!!

• Like 1