How is Zuiderdam doing?

mamaofami

This is second-hand knowledge.  However, my Brother and SIL just got off her, from the 11-day Sunfarer cruise.  He said that she is in wonderful condition, and they really liked what was done in drydock, i.e. transforming the Crow Nest into an excursion center.  (my description)  In any event, they thought she looked beautiful.  This was third cruise on the ship, BTW.   They weren't so pleased with her three years ago.

24 minutes ago, bay guy said:

There's a passenger who has been on the ship for several months now who has been blogging about the trip. He loves the ship and crew and seems to be very pleased overall.

You can see Jeff's blog at amazingvoyages2.blogspot.com.  Fabulous photos and very positive reports on the ship and staff.

We did a 10 day partial Canal in January and had a wonderful time.   Hadn't sailed Holland America in years and thought the crew were phenomenal!    Our balcony had a bit of rust, but otherwise didn't see anything of concern.   

1 hour ago, kdakda said:

We did a 10 day partial Canal in January and had a wonderful time.   Hadn't sailed Holland America in years and thought the crew were phenomenal!    Our balcony had a bit of rust, but otherwise didn't see anything of concern.   

Did the cabins have the new interactive TV system installed? Can you view an array of movies, check your account from the TV and see the dining room daily menus etc? 

Boarding in a week.

15 minutes ago, shrimpboat123 said:

Did the cabins have the new interactive TV system installed? Can you view an array of movies, check your account from the TV and see the dining room daily menus etc? 

Boarding in a week.

Yes, there was a variety of movies to view and older episodes of some popular TV shows and a variety of music.  I verified charges on our account, and I believe I also saw the menus.  

17 minutes ago, shrimpboat123 said:

Boarding in a week.

My wife and I sailed her on a 10-day Panama Canal Sunfarer from Jan 6-16. I agree with previous comments: she is in good condition and crew is exceptional. We were in a Neptune Suite, which had interactive TV, a selection of on-demand movies and TV shows (the Panama Canal history shows were very interesting even though I already knew a lot about the Canal), ability to check your account, and see menus, although we mostly used the intra-ship Navigator web site on our smartphones & tablets to check menus. Also had a small selection of live cable news and sports channels (CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, ESPN & one other I don't recall). As far as I know, TV capabilities are the same in other cabins.

Was on Zuidy for 11 days in December. Very attractive ship, good crew. The service was fine but definitely better on Maasdam earlier last year. Our poor cabin stewards had 30 cabins, seemed to be working constantly, and understandably had some trouble keeping up. We were in a regular oceanview and had the interactive tv. Sad that they did not replay the talks at night on the tv though. Having said that,  I would sail on her again in a second.

We were on her last April for a TA and again for Viking Passage in Aug/September.  The Ship looked great with the Remodel and the Crew and Staff and Officers were great!   Love this Ship and definitely hope to sail on her again soon!