FOOD!

On 3/30/2019 at 7:57 AM, grandmarnnurse said:

Guys Burgers, Guys Pig and Anchor BBQ, Blue Iguana Cantina, Pizza, and Pasta Bar are all free. Great alternative choices to the buffet. Those that think Carnival’s buffet is great have obviously never eaten at the buffets on RCCL and NCL. On our last NCL Cruise, the buffet encompassed a HUGE area, with many different stations. We have gotten salad on Carnival and gone to the (separate) Deli, which is awesome, but that short little area of food, after waiting in a long line, was really disappointing to us. Perhaps I just missed something with their buffet. I will explore it further on my B2B on the Magic next year. I’m willing to give it an extra try. But we absolutely loved everything else about Carnival, that we switched back to booking only Carnival cruises. I just wish they’d redesign their buffet on their newer ships. Perhaps people cruising the brand new ships can report back to us all on how the buffet is on those ships. 

Agree with all this. Loved NCL food the best, next RCCL, and last Carnival. MDR is only really good food on Carnival we have found. (Guys burgers is just ok, I mean, it's a hamburger, so...I don't get the hype really) One of our very favorite things about cruising is the whole dining experience in the MDR, something we really never do except on cruises. We love food and trying new things! Curious, being new to cruising, why do you want to be exclusive to Carnival? The reason I'm asking is because having only done 4 (NCL Dawn 2/18, CCL Fantasy 8/18, RCCL Vision 12/18 and RCCL Rhapsody 2/19) the jury's still out for us, and since we did 4 our first year, having gone bonkers over cruising, plan on moving to Florida in 2 years when hubby retires simply so we can drive to ports and go at a moments notice if we get a great last minute deal, etc. We'd probably do better sticking with a certain line for perks/level up status, but don't want to miss out on what another line might offer, so.... figured you could give me some insight? At least  I can weigh your opinion as I'm always looking for info. Thanks!!

Just jumping on this thread rather than opening a new one. Just wondered if there is a 'best' time to go to sea day brunch? Does it get busier nearer lunchtime or do more people go early? Mainly wondered if there's a likelihood of a queue/wait time. 

40 minutes ago, Amyracecar said:

Just jumping on this thread rather than opening a new one. Just wondered if there is a 'best' time to go to sea day brunch? Does it get busier nearer lunchtime or do more people go early? Mainly wondered if there's a likelihood of a queue/wait time. 

We've only experienced a short, quickly moving line to get checked in and seated, never had any wait to get seated like you might have at ATD dinner, have never seen any lack of open tables once inside and we've gone at various times. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amyracecar said:

We usually go when we get hungry 😉, but seriously we always order 9 am room service as our wake up call. We have coffee, danish and fruit. After a nice morning walk and a Bloody Mary in the Atrium Bar, usually our favorite bartenders. We end up at the Sea Day Brunch between 11-12 and walk right in. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Amyracecar said:

We went when it opened at 9:00, as even that is late for us eating breakfast. We are very early birds. I’m usually up around 6-6:30am, go out and about walking, grab a coffee at coffee bar at 7:00, then head back to cabin to grab the hubby for breakfast. So, waiting until 9:00 for us is pretty late. The line to get in at that time is pretty long, but once they open the doors, it moves swiftly. We joked that we could return for lunch, as it would still be open, and just order more lunch type food than breakfast foods. But we usually end up either at Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana, or Deli for lunch. 

21 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

We joked that we could return for lunch, as it would still be open, and just order more lunch type food than breakfast foods. But we usually end up either at Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana, or Deli for lunch. 

Same here, have never done it though. Of course we usually will eat a good sized breakfast on weekends and when on vacation, gotta make up for the lack of breakfast on workdays LOL, so we usually aren't ready for lunch until after they stop serving brunch anyways and by then the lunch rush on Lido has died down, so we go there. 

43 minutes ago, crusinpsychRN said:

What are brunch hours? Tried looking on Carnival's site but couldn't find the answer.

9:00am—1:00pm. We are usually there right when it opens at 9:00, and it has become a favorite for my hubby, getting steak and eggs. I prefer an vegetable omelette. Yum!