BOSE sound system in DLX OS on Pearl or Jade

FLConnie

Heya...

We have a DOS on our upcoming cruise and did a bit of research.  I bought this...https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D2C9K2X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_vQwNCbQTNA00Q

Devices like this will connect into the RCA connectors that are on the BOSE system in the room and allow you to use Bluetooth to your device.  So you can keep your phone / tablet near you and still use the sound system.

B

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/29/2019 at 8:41 AM, FLConnie said:

We do Pearl April 7-18 so I'll let you know!  We have one of those devices you purchased so will take it along with other connectors.  

We just returned from 15000 on the Pearl and we did not need any connection device.  It is all set up with remote controls.  My husband took his Ipad with his playlists and just plugged it in.  There wasn't really a need to use a bluetooth connection.  The Butler was very helpful in getting the outside speakers to work.  Hot tub is small and it was too windy to use it a few days, but the view and cabin were wonderful!  

file-16.jpeg

ohh Awesome!!  I was told on the Gem there are no outside speakers. How was the noise level from the band, people, etc at the pool?  The Bluetooth receiver is so small that its not going to hurt to bring it and plug it into the headphone jack that is provided then I can just have my phone with me as normal.  Thanks for sharing!!

3 hours ago, FLConnie said:

We just returned from 15000 on the Pearl and we did not need any connection device.  It is all set up with remote controls.  My husband took his Ipad with his playlists and just plugged it in.  There wasn't really a need to use a bluetooth connection.  The Butler was very helpful in getting the outside speakers to work.  Hot tub is small and it was too windy to use it a few days, but the view and cabin were wonderful!  

The point of using Bluetooth is that if you connect via a cable, your ipad/phone/whatever is cabled to the sound system and not in your lap or pocket where you want it.

• 1 month later...

Just got off the Jewel, which went through drydock in December.  The new  Samsung TV in our suite served as the sound system.  It a variety of connectors AND a bluetooth capability.  I had purchased a bluetooth receiver but didn't  need it.  I don't know what the non-suite cabins had.