Horizon vs Breeze

Soontobe, did you make a decision? Like others, I would "probably" vote for Horizon given these two exact choices. Have not been to the ABC islands but they do have a reputation for being a lot nicer than many other Caribbean ports so I hope to get to them one day. 

Wondering if this would be your first cruise or first for your soon to be other half? How important is that balcony you mentioned on Breeze? Even though Horizon is newer, Dream class (Breeze) has some fans who like it better than Vista class (Horizon).  Also, every day aboard ship is an opportunity to separate you from additional funds, so that $400 is probably not the only difference in price!

Nassau can be a fun day but since it's on soooooooo many cruise itineraries, some frequent cruisers get tired of it.   Many of the quick 3 and 4 day cruises out of Florida go there.  Also there is a gauntlet of aggressive vendors that greet you at the port, which may not be what many first timers expect as their perfect welcome to a tropical paradise.

I'd be interested to know what you chose.

On 3/29/2019 at 2:57 PM, soontobemerritt said:

The last few days I've been scouring the internet for all things Carnival as I am in the midst of planning our honeymoon. I was pretty sold on Carnival Breeze but Carnival Horizon  is longer with an extra stop. I'd love to hear everyone's input on either ship or any of the stops listed. 

Carnival Breeze (6 days)

Out of Fort Lauderdale

November 1 2020

Nassau, Amber Cove and Grand Turk

Cloud 9 Spa Balcony

OR 

Carnival Horizon (8 days)

Out of Miami

October 31 2020

Aruba

Curacao

La Romana

Amber Cove

Cloud 9 Spa Oceanview

Ive been on the Breeze before it was a beautiful ship however I felt like it was very hard to get to certain places on the ship some of this could have been It being a new ship and my first time on it. I'm doing a B2B on the Horizon in February 2020. now for the ports breeze goes to not the best of ports on this itinerary. the Horizon is going to some amazing ports. you'll definitely enjoy the Horizon itinerary much better. if you can afford the extra $400 id say go for it, I mean it's your honeymoon!! but best of luck 

5 hours ago, Tracey.kinney425 said:

What's so great about those ports? I'm going to them April 2020 along with La Romana and Grand Turk.

I'll be doing the same itinerary as you this August on the Horizon.  Out of my 33 cruises, I have done the Southern route 3 times, but always 7 days out of San Juan.  All three of these have included Aruba, which is beautiful.  It's a little more desert like compared to the rest of the Caribbean, but the light breezes are nice and the natives are not swarming like in Nassau or Jamaica.

August will be my first time in Curacao.  In general, when given a choice between Eastern, Western, Southern or Bahamas, the Southern always cones out on top.  And if you leave from Miami, it's always an eight day cruise at a minimum.