Lowest Price Guarantee?

jbethel11

I am speaking to a Carnival agent and they are saying that Carnival will not match the lower rate, even though it says on their form they can? Can someone help?

Things to know:

Booked within 48 hours

This is displayed on *****

Edited by jbethel11
Additional information

The only lowest price guarantee I am aware of with Carnival is regarding excursions.

When it comes to cabin pricing, you can usually do better with an agency that has group space and will also give you OBC as a booking perk.

Just now, SNJCruisers said:

The only lowest price guarantee I am aware of with Carnival is regarding excursions.

When it comes to cabin pricing, you can usually do better with an agency that has group space and will also give you OBC as a booking perk.

https://www.carnival. c o m /request-forms/lowest-price-guarantee.aspx

There is probably some fine print excuse as to why they are rejecting you.  Like I previously suggested, I use an agency with group space and get either OBC or a discount off of that at a price I am happy with.  I pay for the entire thing including Cheers, tips and peripherals with 10% discounted gift cards I earned on AARP or Allstate.  This way I don't sweat the small stuff because I paid a price I'm happy with.

Are you trying to match like for like? If you booked ES, and the same cabin has dropped in price, they should honor the price drop. Maybe there is some info missing here. And if it’s before final payment, and it’s not Early Saver, they should still honor price drops. It’s only ES that is honored price drops AFTER final payment.

I have had 4 price drops honored on and upcoming cruise and I didn’t book ES. But these have all been before final payment is due.

Edited by crzndeb

27 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

I am speaking to a Carnival agent and they are saying that Carnival will not match the lower rate, even though it says on their form they can? Can someone help?

Things to know:

Booked within 48 hours

Wait, you just said you were a kid on another thread. How are you even booking a cruise?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Are you trying to match like for like? If you booked ES, and the same cabin has dropped in price, they should honor the price drop. Maybe there is some info missing here. And if it’s before final payment, and it’s not Early Saver, they should still honor price drops. It’s only ES that is honored price drops AFTER final payment.

I have had 4 price drops honored on and upcoming cruise and I didn’t book ES. But these have all been before final payment is due.

If I book with this kind , nothing say price protection, am I allow to to price match if it goes lower? 

• Exclusive rates for VIFP Club Members
  • Sale ends April 30, 2019
  • Great Vacation Guarantee

1 minute ago, Fatcat604 said:

If I book with this kind , nothing say price protection, am I allow to to price match if it goes lower? 

• Exclusive rates for VIFP Club Members
  • Sale ends April 30, 2019
  • Great Vacation Guarantee

It really depends on what category it is...Early Saver, Past Guest? As stated, you can price match any booking category up to final payment. Only Early Saver, are you allowed price drops up to 2 days before sailing. But Early Saver does come with penalities if any changes or cancellation.

Make sure before you book, you know exactly what you are booking.

How, when, where, why and what you are trying to match to makes a huge difference in getting rational explanations to why you are being denied a price-matching scenario. 

Since you provided none of these details, perhaps this one is best left to your parents to navigate (unless you can be more forthcoming and maturely communicative so guidance can be provided).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

This is no troll post, and actually, I am not a child. The word child refers to me being the developed diploid zygote of my parents crossbreed. So, therefore in no way does that mean I am like 6 or 7, but rather much older than that. Additionally, I believe there is an age limit. 

I actually do not need my parents to navigate this situation. I am trying to help them, and you all are simply impeding that. You claim that since I am not an adult, which is not true, I am not able to provide details. The reason I am not applying details is simply put I do not have enough details as I do not know what to provide. My parents do not have time nor patience to deal with Carnival Agents, so I am helping them. I can provide you with more details, all I ask is that you be more respectful. 

You've indicated you are under the age of 18, which means you are not yet an adult.

There was nothing disrespectful in my post.  However, yours have been redundantly incomplete, inaccurate and inciteful.  In the interest of being helpful, here are some questions that may help you help your parents who don't have the time or patience to manage their discretionary purchase:

1. When did your parents make their booking?

2. Was the booking made direct with Carnival or through a travel professional?

3. What fare promotion was the booking made under?

4. What fare promotion is being considered for comparison? Is it direct with Carnival or against a third party advertisement?

5. Are you comparing like categories and criteria to match the current booking? Providing the sailing date, cabin category and number of occupants (as booked and as offered currently) would go a long way in letting the community provide guidance.

6. What was the reason given by Carnival for denying your submittal for fare adjustment?

It is highly recommended that you read all the terms and conditions of the booking made as well as those that govern the "price matching" offer.  This will provide you with a wealth of information to pre-determine what may not make sense of the denial you have already received.

Hopefully the above offers you the critical thinking parameters necessary to evaluate your parents situation.

26 minutes ago, KevInPitt said:

You've indicated you are under the age of 18, which means you are not yet an adult.

There was nothing disrespectful in my post.  However, yours have been redundantly incomplete, inaccurate and inciteful.  In the interest of being helpful, here are some questions that may help you help your parents who don't have the time or patience to manage their discretionary purchase:

1. When did your parents make their booking?

2. Was the booking made direct with Carnival or through a travel professional?

3. What fare promotion was the booking made under?

4. What fare promotion is being considered for comparison? Is it direct with Carnival or against a third party advertisement?

5. Are you comparing like categories and criteria to match the current booking? Providing the sailing date, cabin category and number of occupants (as booked and as offered currently) would go a long way in letting the community provide guidance.

6. What was the reason given by Carnival for denying your submittal for fare adjustment?

It is highly recommended that you read all the terms and conditions of the booking made as well as those that govern the "price matching" offer.  This will provide you with a wealth of information to pre-determine what may not make sense of the denial you have already received.

Hopefully the above offers you the critical thinking parameters necessary to evaluate your parents situation.

I appreciate your response. Anyway:

1. 12 hours ago

2. Direct with Carnival

3. Early Saver $50 Deposits

4. I am not sure what you mean, but it is on a 3rd Party Website, and does not say what promotion, just the category.

5. Yes, I am

6. They said Carnival does not match other travel professional's websites, even though it does not say so in their Terms and Conditions. 

Edited by jbethel11
Had to edit my post

First of all, great response by KevinPitt.

Now, regarding adulthood with jbethel11.  He/she reported in another thread that a credit card could not be obtained because he/she was not 18.  Since jbethel11 is not 18, he /she is still considered a child until his/hers 18th birthday.  Even though someone at the age of 14 could be more mature than someone at 18, the 14 year old is considered a child, while the 18 year old is considered an adult. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Just now, KevInPitt said:

As suggested, please read the terms and conditions.  It's stated quite plainly.

But, as I mentioned, I did and spoke to the agents directly. They said that there was an error on the website, and what the agents could read was not displayed for the consumer to read. They said to call the corporate. 

16 hours ago, crzndeb said:

It really depends on what category it is...Early Saver, Past Guest? As stated, you can price match any booking category up to final payment. Only Early Saver, are you allowed price drops up to 2 days before sailing. But Early Saver does come with penalities if any changes or cancellation.

Make sure before you book, you know exactly what you are booking.

We booked a past guest rate earlier this month. I can't remember the exact name of the rate, but it was something like Exclusive Early Saver VIFP Club Offer. "Early Saver" was, in fact, in the name. Price Protection was not specifically listed as one of the benefits on the booking page, so I called our PVP on Friday and asked if it included PP. He told me yes, up until final payment date. At that time, our cruise was a little more expensive than what we booked, so it didn't matter. Today, it is a bit cheaper, so I submitted a Price Protection claim. I got a response shortly after stating that it was denied because the rate we booked was not Early Saver. Early Saver was in the name, our PVP says PP is included, and judging by what you're saying, PP is including in every booking. So why is Carnival using not booking ES as a reason for denial?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

But, as I mentioned, I did and spoke to the agents directly. They said that there was an error on the website, and what the agents could read was not displayed for the consumer to read. They said to call the corporate. 

That is also plainly spelled out in the terms and conditions as a reason to deny the claim.

Just now, KevInPitt said:

That is also plainly spelled out in the terms and conditions as a reason to deny the claim.

Pardon me? If two Carnival Agents directed me to speak to Corporate, then obviously something is wrong.

Just now, jbethel11 said:

Pardon me? If two Carnival Agents directed me to speak to Corporate, then obviously something is wrong.

Then you need to speak to Corporate. No one here can help you (despite all best efforts). Good luck.

18 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Things to know:

Booked within 48 hours

I'd like to address your original question since this thread has gone off track based only on your age. Lowest Price Guarantee, which is filed using the form you linked to, is something different than Price Protection. Lowest Price Guarantee must be filed within 2 days of booking a cruise if you find a better deal. If approved, they'll give you 110% of the difference in OBC. Price Protection is similar, but different.

In regards to jbethel's original post, the information they included (or didn't include as some are making a big deal of), and their age. Is it against CC rules to participate in the forum when under the age 18? If not, then what's the problem with them being here? I can assure you that jbethel's first post in this thread is NO different than countless other posts and questions that have been posted here on CC time & time again. Specific, detailed information is left out of people's questions all the time, yet those people are never spoke to the way jbethel is being spoken to here. It is a direct result of the fact that they have admitted they're under 18. As a teenager and fairly new to regularly participating in the forum, it stands to reason that they won't be entirely familiar with offering certain information up front to help get answers. Instead of criticizing their maturity first, then asking for that information, I think it'd be more productive just to ask for additional info first. Whether or not they broke forum rules at some point is irrelevant to how they're being treated in regards to this particular question. He/she could've created an account here and lied about their age, but they didn't. They didn't try to hide it. They're simply here to help their parents make their cruise experience the best they can.

Edited by Organized Chaos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

I'd like to address your original question since this thread has gone off track based only on your age. Lowest Price Guarantee, which is file using the form you linked to, is something different than Price Protection. Lowest Price Guarantee must be filed within 2 days of booking a cruise if you find a better deal. If approved, they'll give you 110% of the difference in OBC. Price Protection is similar, but different.

In regards to jbethel's original post, the information they included (or didn't include as some are making a big deal of), and their age. Is it against CC rules to participate in the forum when under the age 18? If not, then what's the problem with them being here? I can assure you that jbethel's first post in this thread is NO different than countless other posts and questions that have been posted here on CC time & time again. Specific, detailed information is left out of people's questions all the time, yet those people are never spoke to the way jbethel is being spoken to here. It is a direct result of the fact that they have admitted they're under 18. As a teenager and fairly new to regularly participating in the forum, it stands to reason that they won't be entirely familiar with offering certain information up front to help get answers. Instead of criticizing their maturity first, then asking for that information, I think it'd be more productive just to ask for additional info first. They could've created an account here and lied about their age, but they didn't. They didn't try to hide it. They're simply here to help their parents make their cruise experience the best they can.

You made my day! Thank you so much for the information! But what do you mean by "better deal"? Like a better deal on another cruise line, like one Carnival Agent mentioned, or a better deal on another website?