Is there a free sauna on Navigator of the Seas

3 hours ago, smokey01 said:

Whereabouts is this? Is it in a free area or in the spa for a charge? Is it unisex or male only/female only?

It is ‘free’/no charge to use in the SPA on Deck 12 forward. Currently because of Covid, I was told there is a 30 minute time limit and max 3 persons at a time. They will keep your SeaPass card at the front check in desk. There are separate Sauna’s for each sex as there is a Female and Male ‘side’, different area so not unisex.

18 hours ago, wallyj said:

It is ‘free’/no charge to use in the SPA on Deck 12 forward. Currently because of Covid, I was told there is a 30 minute time limit and max 3 persons at a time. They will keep your SeaPass card at the front check in desk. There are separate Sauna’s for each sex as there is a Female and Male ‘side’, different area so not unisex.

This is on Navigator? I'd be very surprised to learn that it is available without charge and without otherwise paying for a spa service, such as a massage. 

18 hours ago, CntPAcruiser said:

This is on Navigator? I'd be very surprised to learn that it is available without charge and without otherwise paying for a spa service, such as a massage. 

Yes, to use the very small steam as pictured in the previous post, it is ‘free’ . No Spa service required. I used it before they started the Covid rules on Jan-Mar sailings. It is a pretty small space, no lockers, just a bench, 2 toilets and 2 showers and a sink/counter with mirror above.

I am currently on Navigator and will check it out again and report back if there are any changes. When I asked a few days ago about access, was only told about the 30 minute rule and 3 persons max. No mention about you need to book a service to use.

4 hours ago, wallyj said:

Yes, to use the very small steam as pictured in the previous post, it is ‘free’ . No Spa service required. I used it before they started the Covid rules on Jan-Mar sailings. It is a pretty small space, no lockers, just a bench, 2 toilets and 2 showers and a sink/counter with mirror above.

I am currently on Navigator and will check it out again and report back if there are any changes. When I asked a few days ago about access, was only told about the 30 minute rule and 3 persons max. No mention about you need to book a service to use.

30 minute rule; that just sounds crazy 😵

5 hours ago, CFLRetired said:

I assume these free saunas or steam rooms are available fleet wide?  Not sure, it's been a while since we cruised.  Will be going soon. 😀

No, it depends on class of ship, the Navigator before being ‘AMPED’, had a fairly large changing room and free steam and dry sauna in the changing rooms for each sex. That area was remodeled  into staterooms and the fitness center moved to the back of the ship with no showers. For sure, not available on Oasis class ships.

Adventure of the Seas was scheduled to be ‘AMPED’ but was delayed because of Covid.

I sailed on Adventure last summer with the restart sailings out of the Bahamas. Because of Covid the steam and sauna were closed, but you could still use the nice larger showers with good water pressure. Assume by now on Adventure, the free stream and sauna have reopened?

If you are interested in which ships still have a ‘free’ sauna, there is an old thread which is pretty current since RCL had delayed most Amplifications. Do a search.

15 hours ago, wallyj said:

Thanks so much. It's unlike them not to make everything a profit center. When we've been on Oasis-class ships, it seemed that the spa locker room was only for spa guests and those who had paid for to use the thermal suite. So it seems odd that they would let you people use the spa locker areas on Navigator, which are probably even smaller.

8 hours ago, CntPAcruiser said:

Thanks so much. It's unlike them not to make everything a profit center. When we've been on Oasis-class ships, it seemed that the spa locker room was only for spa guests and those who had paid for to use the thermal suite. So it seems odd that they would let you people use the spa locker areas on Navigator, which are probably even smaller.

Please review my post #28. The  no charge steam room is very small, look at the posted picture, 3 person max is probably right. There are NO lockers, just 3 hooks, a bench, 2 showers and 2 toilets along with the sink and mirror. I assume for those having a treatment, they change in the treatment room in private and keep their belongings in the room as there are no lockers in the SPA on Navigator. There is a cubby hole wall where they have clean towels and basket for you to place used towels. It is a very small space. Assume the women’s side is mirror image of the male side and just as small.

Oasis class ship has NO free sauna as you have noted, you must purchase thermal suite to use facilities. If you are interested as I posted, search for the thread which lists the ships that still have the no charge facilities. Princess with their newer and bigger ‘Royal’ class ships also did away with having a complimentary sauna and steam in the changing room. On Princess Royal class ships, to have access to steam and Sauna require purchase of their Thermal suite called the Enclave and it is Co-Ed.

• Like 1