Norwegian Escape to Florida and the Bahamas

BirdTravels

19 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

If you are going from an aft Haven to an owners suite, you get a bigger room and the free soda, water, and booze. That’s about it. 

Oh they get free soda and water?  Unlimited?  

5 hours ago, sargemrs said:

Oh they get free soda and water?  Unlimited?  

In the owners suite only. Their butler will restock. Along with the three bottles of booze. 

Remember that all suites are expected to tip their concierge and butler separately as they are not included in the Daily Service Charge 

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

In the owners suite only. Their butler will restock. Along with the three bottles of booze. 

Remember that all suites are expected to tip their concierge and butler separately as they are not included in the Daily Service Charge 

Oh my, that's wonderful information.  Yes, I knew about the concierge and butler and passed on that information.  I called the concierge desk and told them about all our cabins not needing the booze! Thanks for answering my questions!

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, xbatt8 said:

How does one save this thread for future reference? I’d like to visit it periodically, but would prefer not to have to search for it each time.

thanks,

Bob

You could bookmark the page in your browser.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 5:07 PM, JamieLogical said:

Yep! That's my preferred method, since I don't eat enough there to waste a specialty dining credit PLUS $7 per person.

Hi there, I haven't sailed on NCL since 2007. We just booked the 15 night TA on the Escape departing on 4/18/2020. We did the Take 5 promo so we have the specialty dining package but I am thoroughly confused about what I am reading here as well as the prices on the menu. Is there a link on NCLs website that will explain how this perk works? Thanks! Kathy

18 minutes ago, klscaz said:

Hi there, I haven't sailed on NCL since 2007. We just booked the 15 night TA on the Escape departing on 4/18/2020. We did the Take 5 promo so we have the specialty dining package but I am thoroughly confused about what I am reading here as well as the prices on the menu. Is there a link on NCLs website that will explain how this perk works? Thanks! Kathy

With a 15 night cruise, you should get 5 meals in specialty dining rooms. 

Reservations for shows and specialty dining will open on 12/20/2019 (12/10/2019 if you are in a Haven suite). Book exactly 120 days before your departure (on 12/20/2019) for the best times. Reservations will sell out quickly. I recommend booking your shows first, then book dining on other nights. 

For Moderno and Teppanyaki, you make a reservation and you eat their fixed meals.

For Le Bistro, La Cucina, and Cagney's, your dining plan will get you multiple appetizers, one entree, and multiple desserts at each meal. 

At Bayamos,  your dining package will get you one, one entree, and one dessert. There is a $12 upcharge to dine at Bayamo. There are also two lobster dishes which will cost extra, even with the dining package. 

As mentioned in this thread, you can also use your dining package to eat at Pincho's Tapa Bar. All you can eat tapas. There is a $8.40 upcharge to dine at Pinchos. 

The Food Republic is also a specialty restaurant, but does NOT allow the use of the dining package. 

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

With a 15 night cruise, you should get 5 meals in specialty dining rooms. 

Reservations for shows and specialty dining will open on 12/20/2019 (12/10/2019 if you are in a Haven suite). Book exactly 120 days before your departure (on 12/20/2019) for the best times. Reservations will sell out quickly. I recommend booking your shows first, then book dining on other nights. 

Wow! Thank you--excellent info. I'm going to print this out and start a folder for this trip. We will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary so I want to know what to expect. It seems like pre-planning is the key to an enjoyable cruise! 

We are in a mini suite. I see that NCL uses the same bidding process that Celebrity employs for upgrades. Should be an interesting exercise.

Thanks so much for your review and pics. This will really help me streamline my planning process. Kathy

12 minutes ago, klscaz said:

Wow! Thank you--excellent info. I'm going to print this out and start a folder for this trip. We will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary so I want to know what to expect. It seems like pre-planning is the key to an enjoyable cruise! 

We are in a mini suite. I see that NCL uses the same bidding process that Celebrity employs for upgrades. Should be an interesting exercise.

Thanks so much for your review and pics. This will really help me streamline my planning process. Kathy

Kathy,

Happy Anniversary!!!

Enjoy your cruise. We live post from all of our cruises. Trying to answer the most frequently asked questions here on Cruise Critic. 

Just for grins, the link below is to our live post from the Escape last year when we won an upgrade to a Haven Suite 3 days prior to departure. You'll get a few pictures of what it will be like when you win your upgrade.

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Just for grins, the link below is to our live post from the Escape last year when we won an upgrade to a Haven Suite 3 days prior to departure. You'll get a few pictures of what it will be like when you win your upgrade.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes. Amazing upgrade at your hotel and on board! Is that a scale under the sink in your suite? I'll have to peruse all of your live reviews.

We are leaving on the Celebrity Summit on Wednesday and I won the Move Up bid on an Aft Family cabin. My bid was "strong" which was still $1000 less in total than the published fare. There are only 2 of us but I wanted the extra sq footage. larger balcony and to experience an Aft cabin as we have never sailed in one before. Have a great weekend!

52 minutes ago, DimSum said:

How does one win upgrades?  And how do you bid for upgrades?  This is the first time I've heard such a thing.  But I'm also new to NCL so I'm clueless. 🙄

80 days prior to your departure, many/most will be invited to bid on upgrades. You can bid on up to 2 cabin classes above where your cabin is booked. For example, if you are in an ocean view room, you can bid on balconies or minisuites. 

When you log on to your MyNCL account, there will be a link to place a bid. The system specifics a minimum and maximum bid. You can offer anything between. 

If your bid is accepted, your credit card is automatically charged and your cabin is moved to the new cabin class. 

Easy!

• Like 1