Water level trend of Danube River

PoohQ

Hi,

I know that it is impossible to predict whether the Danube will be running too high or too low for river cruise ships to navigate on it.  But does anyone know if mid- to the end of July is typically a time where the ships are stuck due to low or high water?  I am considering a river cruise on the Danube on July 21st of this year, but I would hate to pay all that money, just to end up spending part or all of my cruise being bused from one city to the next.  So I'm wondering if I should try to choose some other time of year.  I have been unable to find a site that shows typical water trends.

Have any of you been on a river cruise on the Danube at that time of year?  And was it a successful one (i.e. the ship was able to navigate the whole way on the river)?

Thank you for your help!

5 minutes ago, PoohQ said:

Hi,

I know that it is impossible to predict whether the Danube will be running too high or too low for river cruise ships to navigate on it.  But does anyone know if mid- to the end of July is typically a time where the ships are stuck due to low or high water?  I am considering a river cruise on the Danube on July 21st of this year, but I would hate to pay all that money, just to end up spending part or all of my cruise being bused from one city to the next.  So I'm wondering if I should try to choose some other time of year.  I have been unable to find a site that shows typical water trends.

Have any of you been on a river cruise on the Danube at that time of year?  And was it a successful one (i.e. the ship was able to navigate the whole way on the river)?

Thank you for your help!

You have posted in the forum meant for help using the forums.

There is a forum for River Cruising, and within that forum this thread:

This is the best place to keep up to date on what is happening on the river.