Celebrity Paris "On Your Own" Drop Off Area?

luvcdays

I already tried that route, that is why I am asking on Cruise Critic.  The lady on the phone said they only see what we see in the tour descriptions.

I figured someone must have taken that Shorex!?

Anybody??

3 hours ago, luvcdays said:

I already tried that route, that is why I am asking on Cruise Critic.  The lady on the phone said they only see what we see in the tour descriptions.

That’s an unacceptable response. If they don’t know the answer, they can contact the tour operator and get it.  Sometimes they give you an email address at RCI (which books the excursions) so you can ask a specific question. I would call them back.  I’d also post this question over in the Celebrity forum too. 

I am surprised nobody has answered the OP's question.  Over the years the drop off spots have varied.  It is not about Celebrity as much as it is the tour companies hired by the cruise lines and the daily situation in Paris.    Calling the cruise line is likely an exercise in futility as most of their folks don't know the sky from the sea much less anything about excursions. 

As a rule we find that they will either drop at the Place de la Concorde or somewhere in the immediate area of the Eiffel Tower.  Drop locations can actually change day to day depending on events in Paris.  Consider that if you happen to be there on a day when the so-called "Yellow Shirts" are expressing their outrage they are going to drop folks in a section of Paris located a good distance from the demonstrations.    No matter where you would be dropped you can expect to be relatively close to one of the excellent Metro Lines (a fast way to get around Paris).

Hank

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

Calling the cruise line is likely an exercise in futility as most of their folks don't know the sky from the sea much less anything about excursions. 

My personal experience has been that if the shorex rep on the phone does not know the answer to a question about an excursion (which may well be the case), they are able to find out by contacting the tour operator.   (In Celebrity's case, this may require the guest to email RCI, which books the tours.)   In the OP's specific case, yes, things might change the "day of" because of a variety of factors, but they should be able to tell the guest the planned drop off point.