Sea Pass cards in the Diamond lounge?

rt1092

We just got off a B2B on the Oasis and for the second leg. The bar staff had to take your seapass card and swipe it when you ordered a drink. They said it had to do with inventory. It had nothing to do with verifying whether you were Diamond or better. We are Pinnacle and sailed on the previous cruise. (plus we know most if not all of the bar staff). The first time this was done was 3/24/19. 

Don't know if the same thing went on in the SL, but I had no requests for our seapass when ordering a drink or 2 with diner in the Coastal Kitchen. 

There were rumors flying about the reasons for this. But never got a concrete reason. 

19 minutes ago, Crism said:

Oh boy, here we go again...

We were on Brilliance in February and the Concierge came around and got everyone's stateroom numbers in the CL during the happy hour to "check them in."

This has happened to me multiple times as well but I've never actually had my card swiped when ordering a drink.

42 minutes ago, Crism said:

Oh boy, here we go again...

We were on Brilliance in February and the Concierge came around and got everyone's stateroom numbers in the CL during the happy hour to "check them in."

Which is what they should be doing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rt1092 said:

We just got off a B2B on the Oasis and for the second leg. The bar staff had to take your seapass card and swipe it when you ordered a drink. They said it had to do with inventory. It had nothing to do with verifying whether you were Diamond or better. We are Pinnacle and sailed on the previous cruise. (plus we know most if not all of the bar staff). The first time this was done was 3/24/19. 

Don't know if the same thing went on in the SL, but I had no requests for our seapass when ordering a drink or 2 with diner in the Coastal Kitchen. 

There were rumors flying about the reasons for this. But never got a concrete reason. 

What are they using to swipe the card? I don’t recall any register or point of sale machine in the Oasis DL. 

When we use a voucher in a ship bar, the card is swiped in the point of sale devise used for purchases. 

M

Perhaps they are looking to monitor the number of drinks people order in the lounges.

If so I think that is a great idea and would help with overcrowding. Then again not my circus as we get the drink package and hardly ever visit the suite or Diamond lounge.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

What are they using to swipe the card? I don’t recall any register or point of sale machine in the Oasis DL. 

When we use a voucher in a ship bar, the card is swiped in the point of sale devise used for purchases. 

M

They set it up on the March 17 cruise. It was up and running on March 24. It was was against the wall next to where the toaster is set up in the mornings 

Our card was white. So no need for any checking to verify whether we were eligible to be there.

17 minutes ago, rt1092 said:

They set it up on the March 17 cruise. It was up and running on March 24. It was was against the wall next to where the toaster is set up in the mornings 

Our card was white. So no need for any checking to verify whether we were eligible to be there.

Color of the card has nothing to do with it. How do they know it's you if they don't check? They're just doing their jobs.

• Like 2

Just now, Retired LEO said:

Color of the card has nothing to do with it. How do they know it's you if they don't check? They're just doing their jobs.

White cards are issued to pinnacle club members. No one else gets white cards.

Unless you are suggesting that someone would allow another passenger to use their sea pass card.

Plus most if not all of the servers, know us by name and what our drink preference is.

44 minutes ago, rt1092 said:

Unless you are suggesting that someone would allow another passenger to use their sea pass card.

Plus most if not all of the servers, know us by name and what our drink preference is.

Yes that does happen. He's just doing his job by checking. I prefer it that way.

• Like 2

LOL, of course they know who you are [emoji38]

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

LOL, of course they know who you are emoji38.png

Yes they do. We have been on the Oasis 10 times in the last year (22 times total). We stay in touch with a lot of the crew via social media.😛

We were only on the Oasis 8 times this past year. As this is our favorite ship sailed we have on the Oasis 26 times.

We have gotten to know the crew in the Coastal Kitchen and Concierges quite well. The same used to be true for the Suite Lounge. However, now  they change the bartenders every 2 weeks.

We are always asked for our sea pass card when we order our 1st drinks. Recently have never seen the same bartender twice. Thus as they have no idea of our status or cabin type

they needed to see our card before being served.