Snacks between meals

Archipelago

When out by the pool etc. can one get snacks during the day such as french fries , pizza and all ? I have an itinerary booked on Seabourn but am thinking of changing to Seadream because of the itinerary. The ships seem the same just less formal and less crowded...am I right ? The cost is pretty much the same for both voyages. Comments ?:)

Younger, easier, less formal, less structure (alomst none) would be the differences, certainly higher volumes of children on sd during the school holiday periods

Food pretty much anytime anywhere, fruit plates, cheese, pizza, fries

they leave club sandwiches and fruit out all day by the pool bar, the bartender will order pretty much anything you want from the kitchen and deliver it to your lounge chair, the only thing is they will charge a supplement for caviar or something outlandish

some cool stuff we have not been charged for:

we have asked to have a watermelon soak overnight in vodka and be ready for us when we returned from a shore excursion; have asked for peanut ball popcorn on demand watching a movie on 12 foot screen in the main salon one rainy afternoon; had a cheeseburger while lounging on a sun bed at 3 pm just after lunch closed out; had coca cola, beer and pretzels and chips delivered the the golf simulator; champagne, strawberries, sour cream and brown sugar on deck at midnight while we got ready to sleep outside under the stars on the balinese beds; spicy chinese dumplings and mojito's while watching a dvd of a james taylor concert on an outdoor big screen with surround speakers by the pool while in port one night...

Availability of food has never been questined on sea dream as far as i can tell,

the quality of food has been, mostly personal tastes and who is cooking,

currently SD 1 has an Indian chef that can create some tasty spicy dishes and turns out fairly standard continental fare, some SD 2 posters who have been on both ships like SD 2 food better,

2 things you can be sure of, you will not want for food, and if you dont like something keep trying until you find something you enjoy or tell the chef what you like and how you like it prepared, they do listen and they really can cook and did some cool stuff for us when we asked....

chef even let one of us go to the galley with him and the passenger made his own marinade for chicken and showed the chef how he applied it (somthing about wax papaer, elastic bands and a ziploc bag, not my area of expertise by far) anyway they did it together, the chef liked it so much he served it as a special entree the next night, naming the dish after the passenger on the nightly menu served to the whole ship...not a process I can see happening on seabourne but have only been on those ships 4 or 5 times

Did the fall transatlantic. It was wonderful. There were no kids on our crossing but one passenger (who has made the crossing 23 times) did tell me that she had brought her very well behaved son (the crew confirmed) on a prior crossing. She indicated he had a great time and she was going to bring him again. The crew stated he was extremely bored and while they tried to entertain him, they felt he was often left to his own.

FT

I'm not a heavy person and don't eat a lot of snacks . I just like to know that they are there . I was on HAL 21 day Antarctica cruise in '04 and things were served all day long !!!!!!!:eek: It looked good but 24 hour dining!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't be as big as a barn...I'd be the barn !!!!:p

Archived