3 Day Specialty Dining Package use?

We purchased the 3 Day Specialty Dining package for our upcoming Freedom of the Seas cruise in June.  Can anyone tell us if we can make reservations in advance with this package or do we have to wait until we get on the ship to do so. We are worried that there will not be any time slots available if we have to wait.  If we can do it in advance please explain how to do this.  Do we have to call Royal Caribbean to do this? Thanks for the help.

Bob, I am curious about the Deluxe Dining Package being offered on a 3 day cruise. It says 3 dinners and a bonus lunch on a sea day. If there are 2 port stops and no sea real sea day, how does that work? Is the sail-away considered a sea day? You always know how to give me answers without making me feel very silly for asking. 😁

The whole "purpose" of the dining package's reduced price is that you are trading flexibility for the lower price.

If you must have certain dates or times, you will have to pay full price & reserve in advance.

If you can be flexible, you can take advantage of the lower price of the package.

1 minute ago, Judyrem said:

Just clarifying. I don't pay until I eat there after making my reservation?  I don't pay in advance?  I can use my ship board credit?

You buy the dining package "now", in advance of your cruise, paying in full at that time.

There will be no further charges once you board. Additional tips are optional.

2 minutes ago, kdnurs said:

Bob, I am curious about the Deluxe Dining Package being offered on a 3 day cruise. It says 3 dinners and a bonus lunch on a sea day. If there are 2 port stops and no sea real sea day, how does that work? Is the sail-away considered a sea day? You always know how to give me answers without making me feel very silly for asking. 😁

If the only "sea day" is embarkation day, then you would have that lunch on embarkation day.  🙂

(Is the 3 night dining package showing up in your Cruise Planner for a 3 night cruise?)

I've never had a problem getting the dates and times I want to dine with the package. If you have access to the Concierge  (by staying in a full suite or being Diamond or above), it helps to email him or her in advance to make a reservation on the first night or two. And don't worry about the date and time you are "assigned" when you purchase the package in advance - that can also be changed.

I think if there is no sea day, you don't get a lunch on the package (you're in port on embarkation day, after all, and the specialty restaurants generally aren't open for lunch unless I missed the memo😉). But I've never been on a three night cruise without at least one day to maximize onboard revenue.

6 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

If the only "sea day" is embarkation day, then you would have that lunch on embarkation day.  🙂

(Is the 3 night dining package showing up in your Cruise Planner for a 3 night cruise?)

Thank you so much for your quick response. I didn't purchase this package at first because I was nervous about it. Didn't quite make sense and the sale ended. Royal extended it (great luck) so I jumped on it, but still didn't make sense. Will Royal pick where my lunch will be? Will I be notified prior to boarding or when I get into my cabin at 1 pm? Thank you again for making this easier for me. 😍 

12 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

My planner for the 3 day cruise in September on Mariner offered both 3 night dining package and 3 night deluxe dining package with bonus lunch offered on sea day.

16 minutes ago, kdnurs said:

My planner for the 3 day cruise in September on Mariner offered both 3 night dining package and 3 night deluxe dining package with bonus lunch offered on sea day.

What is the price difference, if any?

19 minutes ago, kdnurs said:

Thank you so much for your quick response. I didn't purchase this package at first because I was nervous about it. Didn't quite make sense and the sale ended. Royal extended it (great luck) so I jumped on it, but still didn't make sense. Will Royal pick where my lunch will be? Will I be notified prior to boarding or when I get into my cabin at 1 pm? Thank you again for making this easier for me. 😍 

I don't think they actually make a reservation for you. I've always changed the date and time without any issue and there's never been a record of a reservation in the system (my sample size is 5, but on Radiance and Vision class ships only). What I would do is go to one of the specialty restaurants when you board and ask them to check for you. They should be able to see all of restaurants at any one of them.

2 minutes ago, critterchick said:

What is the price difference, if any?

I don't think they actually make a reservation for you. I've always changed the date and time without any issue and there's never been a record of a reservation in the system (my sample size is 5, but on Radiance and Vision class ships only). What I would do is go to one of the specialty restaurants when you board and ask them to check for you. They should be able to see all of restaurants at any one of them.

THANK-YOU!!!!

55 minutes ago, kdnurs said:

Just go to the dining station that should be set up in the promenade when you board.  You make your reservation for the specialty restaurants and times you want at that time.  You can eat the same place every night, if you want.

We booked ours on Indy for Chops every night.

• Like 1

I booked the 3 night dining package for my Navigator sailing. I paid for it up front and based on what they were charging for the individual restaurants, I'm saving at least $50. Looking forward to trying Hooked and Jamie's Italian. You pick the time for the first day and they pick the rest but they are easliy changed.

• Like 1