The time frame that Bliss will be cruising Glacier Bay

GINNY L

I was wondering if anybody knows the time frame that Norwegian Bliss will be cruising through Glacier Bay?  Any information provided such as how long it takes besides the time frame, etc.,  will be greatly appreciated.  Will be doing the second week of May so it is only one week before us who will have the exact same itinerary.

44 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

Cruising Glacier Bay is a day-long affair which begins around 0800 and ends around sundown.

It's the same no matter the ship, although some areas are restricted for any number of reasons throughout the season. Info on that here.

Thank you for the information.  Very much appreciated

I would plan on being up and ready by 0600 grab some breakfast and head for an open deck and watch for whales.

Soon the ranger boat will come by and drop off the two rangers who will be giving the tour during the day.

After a slow cruise in and seeing several glaciers you will park in front of one of the tidewater glaciers and do a slow turn or two so that all can have a view.

Then the ship will head back out and the rangers will do a talk in the theater.

The exit time will be sometime around 1600.

Only two ships are allowed in the bay per day and there is a maximum speed of just a few knots.

It is a national park and it is spectacular.

10 hours ago, bonvoyagie said:

I would plan on being up and ready by 0600 grab some breakfast and head for an open deck and watch for whales.

Soon the ranger boat will come by and drop off the two rangers who will be giving the tour during the day.

After a slow cruise in and seeing several glaciers you will park in front of one of the tidewater glaciers and do a slow turn or two so that all can have a view.

Then the ship will head back out and the rangers will do a talk in the theater.

The exit time will be sometime around 1600.

Only two ships are allowed in the bay per day and there is a maximum speed of just a few knots.

It is a national park and it is spectacular.

1 hour ago, Markanddonna said:

I've been to GB twice and it seems the rangers come aboard quite early- maybe 6AM?  The early morning hours are wonderful to observe.

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Plan to view the beauty on the open decks. If you are considering the Observation Lounge, plan on camping overnight for a window seat. 

Thank you all for the great information.  My family have 11 cabins book for this cruise.  This is a cruise for my Mother's memorial to spread her ashes in Alaska.  My sister stitch some items that could be used as pillows and or stockings and wanted the family to color them in, in honor of my mother who loved to color.  Therefore, I was trying to get the family together around 2:30 in the observation room while we are finishing up cruising Glacier Bay.  So I was hoping that 2:30 would be a good time.  However it seems like maybe 4pm might be better.