Cucino de Capitano-Breeze

Tjcalley

We are going on the Breeze next month and wanted to try this restaurant for dinner one night. Should we make a reservation? We weren’t sure what night we wanted to go and wanted to check out the menus for the MDR first. 

We have a reservation for the steakhouse one night because I’ve seen threads that they can get booked up quickly. Any info would be appreciated 

From what I can tell this is fairly representative of a 7 day menu http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalHorizonTA/imdr_menus_7.html

We are booked for night 1 and 7 for Cucino because I couldn’t get anything other than 9:30 for the first night at the steakhouse. I’m not sure how fast it books up, but there is no harm in making a reservation and changing it later.

We went to this restaurant on the Horizon and it was absolutely amazing. The waitress reminded us that we each get two apps and an entree. She suggested getting different items and share. So glad we listened to her. The risdoto was excellent. Mama's Meatball was even better.  My wife had the chicken parm and it was very very good. 

• Like 1

As far as the steakhouse on the Breeze, my wife and I went in at 8 pm on a Tuesday and it was eerily quiet. No more than 10 people at any point.

Apps and spinach/mushroom salad excellent. Entrees good to very good but still not comparable to land-based steakhouses.

Cucina a bit busier. Food was great but there is a lot, and I mean a lot, of butter in every dish. I was useless for a couple hours after :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we did a quick review of the Cucina on the Vista.....hands down our favorite restaurant.   Garlic Bread!!  We have pictures of what we tried if you would like to take a look. We didn't do lunch there though, we had too much going on but the I heard the Pasta buffet is excellent.  We liked Cucina more than the Steakhouse

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JQTravels said:

Hi we did a quick review of the Cucina on the Vista.....hands down our favorite restaurant.   Garlic Bread!!  We have pictures of what we tried if you would like to take a look. We didn't do lunch there though, we had too much going on but the I heard the Pasta buffet is excellent.  We liked Cucina more than the Steakhouse

Thanks for that! We ended up making a reservation for this restaurant the first night of the cruise in case we love it so we can eat there again. Can’t wait to try that garlic bread!

55 minutes ago, Tjcalley said:

Thanks for that! We ended up making a reservation for this restaurant the first night of the cruise in case we love it so we can eat there again. Can’t wait to try that garlic bread!

Here is the fresh Parmesan

Let me  know what you think when you get to go. 

20190202_180125.jpg

• Like 1