Studio or inside

MS52

Our 39 YO daughter is joining us on the Epic in January.  We’re already booked in an aft balcony. 

First, I was looking at a studio or inside.  An inside is a bit cheaper with 20% more space.  Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of each?

Second option is booking a two bedroom Haven Suite.  This would only end up costing about $1000 more.  Can any one who has stayed in the two bedroom, tell me if the second bedroom is claustrophobic and does it have any storage? It’s very difficult to tell from NCL’s pictures/floor plan.  

THANKS!  

I have stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which was on the Pearl and then have done the studio cabins twice.  The 2 bedroom suite was so nice as it had a living room and dining room area.  The 2nd bedroom which was like an inside cabin was a little small but it did have it's own bathroom.  There was plenty of space for the one person so I wouldn't worry about that.  Now the Studios are quite compact but really cute.  There is no place to sit down except on the bed or on a stool.  If you don't spend a lot of time in your cabin and you want to save money then the studio is the way to go.  One of the perks to the studio cabin is that you have access to the studio lounge 24/7.  There are beverages and snacks in there and it is a cool place to stretch out as there isn't my stretching room in the studio cabins (lol).

Does she drink? If so, what is the total cost difference between the cheapest inside, and the studio?

If she is going to drink at least that amount money by paying-per-drink, its worth it to get the studio. Don't forget, many average drinks are now in the - $10-$15 range plus 20% gratuity.

If she doesn't drink, get the cheapest inside.

As a 36 year old female who occasionally sails with her parents... If you don't have a strong preference, let her pick. If you think you will use the suite benefits, go for the suite. But if you think the balcony is more important to you than the suite perks, keep your aft because the balcony will be bigger and better than the 2 bedroom suite's balcony.

• Like 1

Thanks for your input.  In answer to some questions, the price for the Haven was $1000 more than the aft balcony AND a studio.  

It was going to be a surprise but we decided to let her choose and she decided she wanted her own space.  She picked an inside down the hall from us.  

Thanks again.  I was thinking it might be our chance to justify the Haven.  😊

I think the inside down the hall from you is a good choice.  If she had been in a studio, it would have been a log walk from her cabin to yours since studios are fairly far forward.  I think your arrangement will work our well.  Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

I am going to also vote studio. Although smaller, I agree that they are better laid out.  And the perk that doesn't come with a guarantee.  the best part to me is the studio lounge...coffee/tea/Juice and pastries in the morning and cookies in the afternoon.  Oh the coffee maker is so good, you sometimes see officers coming in to get coffee!

Typically from 5-7 in the evening there is a bartender there as well.  Unless there is a significant price drop for the inside, go studio. 

Also make sure the price you see for the inside has no supplement... otherwise it is per person based on double occupancy and you pay for 2 even though there is only one person!!!!!!