Celebrity Tours Accessibility

ToriaT

Does anyone know if Celebrity allows people with small folding scooters on their regular tours?  Some tours specifically state those with wheelchair and scooters should not sign up but others are silent on that fact.  They do have special tours that are accessible for wheelchairs but they are very expensive and I really don't need them as I just need to be able to stash my scooter.  When on Princess they took us on the regular tours and just stashed the scooter under the bus or somewhere on the vehicle.  Please advise. 

Contact Celebrity's Accessible Shore Excursions dept.   Their email is  ShorexAccess@rccl.com.   If you have some tours already in mind, ask the Accessible Shore Excursion department if the tour(s) can accommodate your scooter (both the tour itself and getting it in the vehicle).   They can contact the tour operator for clarification if there are any questions.

We are on the Eclipse the end of the month and they emailed us a booklet called Accessible Shore Excursions Level 1. 

Level 1 tours are defined as:  "Recommended for guests that are able to walk short distances, can negotiate the steps of a motor coach and/or travel with a standard size manual collapsible wheelchair or collapsible scooter that can fit in the motor coach luggage compartment. Most tours are able to accommodate a standard size manual collapsible wheelchair or collapsible scooter as long as the guest can negotiate the motor coach steps to access the transportation. These are approximately 8-12 inches high; the first step being as high as 18 inches from the ground."

By the way, have you notified Celebrity's Access Department that you will be bringing a scooter?    They will probably have you complete a form.   Here is their contact information:   special_needs@celebrity.com

In September we will be going on our 6th Celebrity cruise. I use a small lightweight travel scooter, and yes as long as you have some mobility, ie can climb steps into a bus. You can take shore excursions. Contact the Celebrity Access Department, they are very good.  Most times they reserve the front seat for me and my wife in the bus. They are the main reason we travel on Celebrity.

• 2 weeks later...

My sister uses a collapsible scooter and we have cruised Celebrity many times. We've always had good luck being able to take her scooter along with us. It will always depend on the type of transport - if it's a big motor coach, I've never had an issue (like you said they just stow it underneath). This is totally out of Celebrity's control. 

We're actually going on Celebrity this fall, but to Europe for the first time. I've currently reserved all non-accessible tours except for one - we're doing the accessible Florence tour. Fingers crossed it will work (she walks full time with a cane but the scooter makes her life easier)

• 1 month later...

It depends where you are going. Most European coaches can store small mobility scooters in the hold. I’ve just been on Celebrity and haven’t bothered with any of their overpriced. Trips. We either DIY, HOHO buses or shared private tours from our Roll Call. I had a small mobility scooter with me and had no problem at all.