When Did NCL Start To Send Luggage Tags.

I believe it is done on select sailings (ships the BLISS and the JOY) to make check-in registration easier faster.

It is quite a task to check in and handle the luggage of the guests on these huge ships

Suites booked in advance get the usual introduction letter with the tags.

Including the rest of the cabins is great idea to speed the process.

Preprinted luggage tags of uniform size are easier to read by the crew and directed to the appropriate stateroom

by color and deck code.

Upgrading and last minute cabin changes may still need to use a manual method or printing your own or using

the generic tags provided by the porters.

Regardless whether NCL provides the tags or you do it yourself from your own printer - I recommend that you

put sufficient ID (and cabin number) inside your luggage in case the handle ID cabin tags are ripped off.  

17 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Regardless whether NCL provides the tags or you do it yourself from your own printer - I recommend that you

put sufficient ID (and cabin number) inside your luggage in case the handle ID cabin tags are ripped off.

I know this from experience.  Somewhere between the porter drop-off and the room both the RCI-supplied (but printed and attached by me) tag and a regular luggage tag that had been through several airline flights were both gone and I had to seek out my bag at guest services.  Mine wasn't the only bag this happened to.  What a way to start your first cruise!!

You can get plastic sleeves that attach with a cable loop (the "clasp" is a screw-together barrel) to help prevent this, but do NOT attach those until after any airline flights you take to get to port.