Jordan visa

Keith.Hanson

I have read various sources of information advising you can get a tourist vise when entering Jordan at the airport and certain border crossing but get no info on entering by sea at Aqaba, does anybody know if visa are issued at tne port of Agaba?

9 minutes ago, John Bull said:

No guarantees, but when we went the visa was provided by the ship and it's the same with every other cruiser who I've seen reporting back on Cruise Critic. :classic_smile:

JB :classic_smile:

Cheers JB, tne cruise line refered me to my travel agent, travel agent says check it out on a visa site, such sites like to charge you for getting one for you!

32 minutes ago, Keith.Hanson said:

Cheers JB, tne cruise line refered me to my travel agent, travel agent says check it out on a visa site, such sites like to charge you for getting one for you!

That's the problem with info from cruise line head-offices. They don't know their stuff, though of course nobody can be expected to know all the ins & outs of all the places that their ships visit. The cruise line rep should have dug out the info for you, but at least you got a "don't know" rather than a guessed answer (often wrong) being given as a "factual" answer

JB :classic_smile:

Arrivals at Aqaba, either through the port, the airport or land except for south wadi araba crossing boarder are granted a free visa to Jordan. There is no obligation associated with this visa, provided that they leave the country from the same border and within 1 month of arrival, and that they do not need to renew their visa.

Certain nationalities require an entry visa to be obtained prior to travel.

Get more information at this link.

We crossed from Taba in Egypt,  over the Gulf to Aqaba. We actually  landed at the Royal Jordanian Yacht Club moorings (!) No immigration personnel present. Our tour guide collected all our passports, and scurried over to the 'official' landing point, got them all stamped, and hurried back to us to continue on to Petra.