Puerto Plata, DR port on goggle earth looks undesirable?

missemo12345

We are looking at cruise that stops at Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. 11/2020..I see very few excursions and the google earth looks not very desirable. I was reading an article that mentions the proposed site as possibly being made into a cruise port. I was wondering if anyone has any updates about this location? I would say by seeing what I am seeing it doesn't look very inviting.

Thank you for your help -

We stopped at Amber Cover (Puerto Plata) on another cruise line in November. It was the worst stop of the whole trip. The water/beaches were dirty and rocky; the excursions and organization overall was also pretty bad; and the food left a lot to be desired. It is a pretty undeveloped/rural area outside of the cruise terminal area. I will say that the local people we dealt with were very nice though, and it was nice not to have to tender. I would not specifically book a cruise to go back to this port ever again, but if it was included as a stop in a cruise we wanted to do, it wouldn't stop me from booking either. A day in Puerto Plata is better than a day back at work, lol.