Allure of the Seas Report

We were on the Allure sailing of March 31.  Although we are D+, we had never been on a ship this large.  I was pleasantly surprised.  The boarding process was one of the fastest we have experienced.  The ship never felt crowded to me, as there are so many different areas where people disperse.  The only real crowding was in the pools on sea days and in the dining room, which I did not care for as it seemed quite loud compared to smaller ships.  We did express departure with our luggage, and we just walked off at 7:00 with  no line.

We especially enjoyed the Central Park area for breakfast.  Also, the Diamond Lounge was never crowded, at least on this sailing, and the breakfast offered there was quite good.  The Blue Planet and Aqua show were very well done.  We made reservations for these shows 3 months prior, but we saw many people just walk in when the gates were opened 15 minutes prior to the show.

This was a family trip with our children and grandchildren and everyone had a great time.  I would, however, like to experience the ship without 1200 children on board.  Maybe next time.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, kag19 said:

Glad to hear you enjoyed Allure!  We have been on Oasis twice and loved it!  Have Allure booked for next year and can't wait!

I notice that you are going on the Allure next Feb... what sailing are you on?.. I'm on the Feb 2nd sailing.. we were originally booked on the Oasis Feb 2nd cruise.. but they chartered it..so we got bumped.. and decided to sail on the Allure.

13 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

I notice that you are going on the Allure next Feb... what sailing are you on?.. I'm on the Feb 2nd sailing.. we were originally booked on the Oasis Feb 2nd cruise.. but they chartered it..so we got bumped.. and decided to sail on the Allure.

We are on the February 16th sailing. Can’t wait!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kag19 said:

Glad to hear you enjoyed Allure!  We have been on Oasis twice and loved it!  Have Allure booked for next year and can't wait!

Same here.  Oasis twice, next year we're on Allure after her drydock.  We have a long wait!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, teacherman said:

We were on the Allure sailing of March 31.  Although we are D+, we had never been on a ship this large.  I was pleasantly surprised.  The boarding process was one of the fastest we have experienced.  The ship never felt crowded to me, as there are so many different areas where people disperse.  The only real crowding was in the pools on sea days and in the dining room, which I did not care for as it seemed quite loud compared to smaller ships.  We did express departure with our luggage, and we just walked off at 7:00 with  no line.

We especially enjoyed the Central Park area for breakfast.  Also, the Diamond Lounge was never crowded, at least on this sailing, and the breakfast offered there was quite good.  The Blue Planet and Aqua show were very well done.  We made reservations for these shows 3 months prior, but we saw many people just walk in when the gates were opened 15 minutes prior to the show.

This was a family trip with our children and grandchildren and everyone had a great time.  I would, however, like to experience the ship without 1200 children on board.  Maybe next time.

We have done three transatlantics on Oasis class, have Allure booked for 2020.  Under 5000 passengers, last TA on Symphony not even a dozen kids. Every night they used Diamond lounge, Jazz on 4, and the Attic for happy hour, every night standing room only. What they lack in kids they make up with Diamonds and Pinnacles. happy cruising

17 hours ago, teacherman said:

Recently on The Harmony with 1500 children and felt the same as you. If you can, the March 1, 2020 sailing of The Allure is a transatlantic 12 day Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona cruise on which very few children will sail. Pricing is excellent and with your Diamond status, very little out of pocket money. 

Islandfan

6 hours ago, ISLANDFAN said:

Recently on The Harmony with 1500 children and felt the same as you. If you can, the March 1, 2020 sailing of The Allure is a transatlantic 12 day Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona cruise on which very few children will sail. Pricing is excellent and with your Diamond status, very little out of pocket money. 

Islandfan

Would be a bonus to hold off and do the return TA in Nov. 2020.  That would be just after it's amped dry dock with lots of added features.  We have it booked and prices are still very good.

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Would be a bonus to hold off and do the return TA in Nov. 2020.  That would be just after it's amped dry dock with lots of added features.  We have it booked and prices are still very good.

Good idea! Been on The Harmony with all the additional bells and whistles. We have booked the March 1 sailing as we will be spending a couple of weeks touring Spain and Portugal in the spring! Our favorite time to visit Europe.