Cruise Credit to expire 12/28/19

mom23kidoz

3 minutes ago, mom23kidoz said:

It all goes through Carnival.

I don't think this is accurate.  The OP (or holder of the cruise credit) needs to be paid.  NOT Carnival.  But as I mentioned in my earlier post ... the credit needs to be transferred first from current owner to the new 'owner' and then payment made via paypal or other accepted method between the 2 people involved.  At least ... that was MY personal experience.  

7 minutes ago, CruiseGal999 said:

I don't think this is accurate.  The OP (or holder of the cruise credit) needs to be paid.  NOT Carnival.  But as I mentioned in my earlier post ... the credit needs to be transferred first from current owner to the new 'owner' and then payment made via paypal or other accepted method between the 2 people involved.  At least ... that was MY personal experience.  

Carnival[5].jpg

13 minutes ago, mom23kidoz said:

Carnival[5].jpg

Yes?  And your point is?  Your post referred to PAYMENT must go through Carnival and I said that was not accurate.  Payment has already been made to Carnival and the owner of the certificate  needs to receive payment.  NOTHING was discussed about the forms or details of the transfer.  It was only discussing money at that point.  And as I explained my experience was NCL and it was MY experience.  Perhaps Carnival may have a way to do it by phone to expedite the process ... maybe not.  But it's certainly worth looking into. 

24 minutes ago, CruiseGal999 said:

Yes?  And your point is?  Your post referred to PAYMENT must go through Carnival and I said that was not accurate.  Payment has already been made to Carnival and the owner of the certificate  needs to receive payment.  NOTHING was discussed about the forms or details of the transfer.  It was only discussing money at that point.  And as I explained my experience was NCL and it was MY experience.  Perhaps Carnival may have a way to do it by phone to expedite the process ... maybe not.  But it's certainly worth looking into. 

I am not trying to make any point or argument. Just trying to be 100% honest. I called Carnival and they stated exactly as it is in the letter.

I would call them to get the transfer form sent to me, fill out my information with the price of the cruise credit, minus $20.00 fee along with the person/s name to which the credit would be going to.

24 minutes ago, CruiseGal999 said:

Carnival[5].jpg

lol yes the ebay reference was a joke because of another person's post.

First you stated 1700 and then 1636 and now you say "amount minus $20 fee"....can you post something with the amount? I truly am interested but am very diligent when dealing with money matters online with people I don't know. Thanks

You can email me at bcohick613 at gmail dot com if you'd prefer

Edited by BBigfoot613

28 minutes ago, BBigfoot613 said:

lol yes the ebay reference was a joke because of another person's post.

First you stated 1700 and then 1636 and now you say "amount minus $20 fee"....can you post something with the amount? I truly am interested but am very diligent when dealing with money matters online with people I don't know. Thanks

You can email me at bcohick613 at gmail dot com if you'd prefer

Sending you an email.

15 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

Just a thought. Why don't you book a cruise for a date that you might possibly be able to go. Then get an outside independent insurance cancel for any reason policy. Then if you can't go, cancel and recoup money through the insurance? 

Thanks I thought of that but it has to be used by 12/28/2019. I don't know of any insurance that would insure this.

8 minutes ago, mom23kidoz said:

Thanks I thought of that but it has to be used by 12/28/2019. I don't know of any insurance that would insure this.

Im not totally sure but check with www insure my trip . Since you haven't "booked anything" yet I think they will. You just have to insure it the day you book. 

1 hour ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

Just a thought. Why don't you book a cruise for a date that you might possibly be able to go. Then get an outside independent insurance cancel for any reason policy. Then if you can't go, cancel and recoup money through the insurance? 

CFAR insurance reimburses at 75% ... fyi. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bingobaby0 said:

I am serious about working out a deal for your cruise credit.  If you haven't already done a deal, please contact me thru email at fidy at att dot net

Not sure I got your email addy correct fidy at dot.net? Please email me at flsunlovr at gmail dot com

I would be happy to take it off your hands and pay say 1000.00. I have a cruise scheduled in August 2019 and owe a lot left and I am wondering how I am going to pay. I have spent about 5 grand of my jack Russell dog Miley in the past 3 months. She broke her ankle, then the surgery to repaid caused her to have an infection that has not cleared up even with meds and rest. The vet now says she may have to lose her leg.

2 hours ago, louisville fan said:

I would be happy to take it off your hands and pay say 1000.00. I have a cruise scheduled in August 2019 and owe a lot left and I am wondering how I am going to pay. I have spent about 5 grand of my jack Russell dog Miley in the past 3 months. She broke her ankle, then the surgery to repaid caused her to have an infection that has not cleared up even with meds and rest. The vet now says she may have to lose her leg.

I was offered a bit more than that.

I will be following this drama😗 sorry about the family member...we've been there know what it's like...sorry about the dog...not been there...I hope however this plays out it will be reported here just in case it happens to one of us.

On 4/9/2019 at 4:08 PM, mom23kidoz said:

We must use said credit by 12/28/19 Must cruise by then.

Could you find a quick 2-day cruise if possible? What if you book a cruise with a refundable deposit, and then cancel it before FPD? Would that work?

49 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Could you find a quick 2-day cruise if possible? What if you book a cruise with a refundable deposit, and then cancel it before FPD? Would that work?

Unfortunately, no. Say if I were to book a 3-day trip to the Bahamas and the trip cost was $800. I would be forfeiting that remaining $800 plus!

58 minutes ago, myjillian said:

I will be following this drama😗 sorry about the family member...we've been there know what it's like...sorry about the dog...not been there...I hope however this plays out it will be reported here just in case it happens to one of us.

You are so right! Life throws us some hard balls at times and this so happens to have been one of them.

We used to take my mother on a cruise once a year...at least 2 weeks etc.  When the Dr informed me that we couldn't take her anymore she got mad at me  LOL  My favorite picture of her was on her last cruise.  It's taken from behind her.  She is looking out at sea wearing her white shorts. and cute top..hair perfect as usual and her white sneakers with ankle socks.  From the back she looks like a teenager she was 80 in that picture.  She lived 8 more years from that cruise and I wouldn't be surprised if not being able to cruise helped her demise.  She took my brother and I on our first cruise in 1962.  That gave us a gift for life.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mom23kidoz said:

Unfortunately, no. Say if I were to book a 3-day trip to the Bahamas and the trip cost was $800. I would be forfeiting that remaining $800 plus!

Suite, Faster to the Fun, Shore Excursions, Cheers, Prepaid-Gratuities? That can easily run 1600 for two people! The only catch is that if the cruise credit is only for the cruise itself, which in that case you could buy two connecting suites, and have a massive "hotel room" lol! Does that make any sense?

• Like 2