Shore Excursion from Ijmuiden

Looking for recommendations on private tour companies operating out of Ijumiden. We are docking there in July and are hoping to do a half day tour outside of the city to look at the windmills, cheese factories, etc and then be able to tour the downtown area including Anne Frank house and canal tour. We are in port from 7am-7pm so I feel that this itinerary would be doable?

Anyone have a good experience with a particular company? How about transportation from Ijumiden? Thanks for any advice!

Transportation from IJmuiden is a bit complicated and takes a lot of your time. Check with your cruiseline for a possible shuttle to/from Amsterdam. Unfortunately because of that distance a possible prive driver will be expensive too. Another problem might be parking his car while you go to Anne Frankhuis. Amsterdam is rather unfriendly to cars and buses. You are aware you need to book AF tickets online, no more standing in line there. Tickets come available 2 months prior your visit and after that sometimes some of them later too. Keep checking their website!

That's a busy schedule! IJmuiden is further from Amsterdam than you might want to with your plans.

Perhaps arranging private transport might suit you better if you don't want to stick with the cruise line.. I don't think there are any companies using IJmuiden as a base.. but I could be wrong!

3 hours ago, Ine said:

Transportation from IJmuiden is a bit complicated and takes a lot of your time. Check with your cruiseline for a possible shuttle to/from Amsterdam. Unfortunately because of that distance a possible prive driver will be expensive too. Another problem might be parking his car while you go to Anne Frankhuis. Amsterdam is rather unfriendly to cars and buses. You are aware you need to book AF tickets online, no more standing in line there. Tickets come available 2 months prior your visit and after that sometimes some of them later too. Keep checking their website!

3 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

That's a busy schedule! IJmuiden is further from Amsterdam than you might want to with your plans.

Perhaps arranging private transport might suit you better if you don't want to stick with the cruise line.. I don't think there are any companies using IJmuiden as a base.. but I could be wrong!

Thank you, both. Are either of you familiar with Amsterdamcitytours.com? They seem to have a pretty inclusive itinerary except for Anne Frank of course.

https://www.amsterdamcitytours.com/tours/shore-excursions/one-day-shore-excursion-from-ijmuiden/

On 4/11/2019 at 4:03 PM, exploringtheplanet said:

Thank you, both. Are either of you familiar with Amsterdamcitytours.com? They seem to have a pretty inclusive itinerary except for Anne Frank of course.

https://www.amsterdamcitytours.com/tours/shore-excursions/one-day-shore-excursion-from-ijmuiden/

We've been to Amsterdam several times and I don't see how these tours do their thing in Amsterdam, where most of the attractions are in the central core where the five canal rings are.  There are narrow one-way streets along the canals so I imagine they drive along those.  For the most part we have walked to what we wanted to visit from the pier/RR station area and sometimes we've taken a canal boat which is similar to a HOHO bus.