Vaccinations

ant101

I have purchased tickets on the December transatlantic on the Queen Mary 2. This is obviously from Southampton - NYC. 
In terms of vaccinations, do we need to show proof of this? Of course flying into USA we do not need this, but I am not sure how the crossing works. Do they ask for vaccination booklets? I do not personally have mine as it was lost many years ago and I am struggling to get this from my country of birth (South Africa). I have lived in Europe for decades and it is a struggle to get necessary paperwork from SA authorities. 

The Cunard Voyage Personaliser states to check any mandatory requirements at the bottom of the vaccination page, and the only things that is printed is a caution about the Zika Virus. 

Could some of you who have made this crossing on the QM2 please let me know if my family and I will need to present anything to cross to the US. 

Thanks!

On a Transatlantic crossing and disembarking in Brooklyn ( New York) you will not be be asked about vaccinations.

As far as I know, no one needs a vaccination for a vacation in New York. ? The procedure is different when on world cruises etc. 

On 4/11/2019 at 12:18 PM, ant101 said:

I have purchased tickets on the December transatlantic on the Queen Mary 2. This is obviously from Southampton - NYC. 
In terms of vaccinations, do we need to show proof of this? Of course flying into USA we do not need this, but I am not sure how the crossing works. Do they ask for vaccination booklets? I do not personally have mine as it was lost many years ago and I am struggling to get this from my country of birth (South Africa). I have lived in Europe for decades and it is a struggle to get necessary paperwork from SA authorities. 

The Cunard Voyage Personaliser states to check any mandatory requirements at the bottom of the vaccination page, and the only things that is printed is a caution about the Zika Virus. 

Could some of you who have made this crossing on the QM2 please let me know if my family and I will need to present anything to cross to the US. 

Thanks!

All you need to present  is your family and their smiles because they are in NYC...well, not really....Brooklyn....well, can't have everything😊