New Oceanview cabins on Summit

cinnamon

On a thread I’ve seen a reference to more new Oceanview cabins on deck 3 on Summit after the big refit. We are currently booked into 3132, one of the cabins added at the previous refit. On the Celebrity site it doesn’t show new cabins on the Port side but a poster mentioned being booked into the bigger new cabins, 3125. 

Can anyone enlighten me please?  Are there new ones on the Port side and if so are they any bigger or better than the starboard ones?

Our cruise is not until August 2020 so there’s a likelihood of being able to change. 

Thank you. 

We booked our cruise whilst onboard Azamara 10 days ago and the old deck plans were on their computers. 😏. Just as they are on the U.K. site. Hopeless. 

Are the new Portside cabins any larger or nicer, does anyone know please?

1 hour ago, cinnamon said:

Thank you. 

We booked our cruise whilst onboard Azamara 10 days ago and the old deck plans were on their computers. 😏. Just as they are on the U.K. site. Hopeless. 

Are the new Portside cabins any larger or nicer, does anyone know please?

I would say they look SMALLER than those on starboard, though Celebrity does state that their deck plans are not to scale.  I would stay put if I were you, unless further information and pictures appear.

I am booked in one of the new cabins on the Port side. My travel agent contacted Celebrity and they are supposed to be the same size as all the OV. The one advantage is that they are supposed to have bigger windows. I'm hoping for a report about noise, etc. My travel agent will be on Summit soon and I'm hoping for pictures. 

We are in Cabin 3125 on Summit in a few weeks.  I can never see it on the Celebrity site but did read it does exist.  I have read on Cruise Critic many things: it is smaller, same, small window, round window. I guess I will find out soon. I will let you know how I found it to be when I get back.  We were in an oceanview on Edge in February so I may feel this cabin is small since I believe the same category on Edge is larger.  If the bathroom is as nice,  I will be happy.

Many thanks for the replies. I look forward to hearing further once people report back after actually staying in them. I’ve now seen that none of the Portside cabins are available for the cruise in 16 months time. I guess the large agencies have a hold on them.