Plug in for hiar dryer and curling iron

PennieB

2 minutes ago, LightCruiser210 said:

You are not allowed to bring those items on the ship, fire hazard.  That is why they provide a hair dryer in the room, hard wired.

You are allowed to bring them on board. You can't use them in the bathrooms though. 

• Like 2

You'll have to use the electrical plug at the desk for your curling iron. I bring a multi outlet power strip (NO SURGE PROTECTORS PLEASE) and plug into the one outlet. I can plug my curling iron in it and I also plug my phone chargers and small clock in it with no problem.  It is aggravating to have to dry your hair and use your curling iron in the middle of your living area, just clean up the hair after you're done, lol  as others have said in other posts, the hair dryers are plugged in the drawer of the desk. They're not the best, but get the job done if you don't have long thick hair.

• Like 1

I also bring  3 plug adapter to use my electric hot air curling brush at the desk because my appliance has a large plug thing at its plug. If I plug it in without the adapter the large plug thing (don't know what to call it) doesn't fit between the plug and the desk. The adapter helps. I use the hair dryer in the drawer but I need my appliance to curl my hair after it's dry. I haven't seen anything in writing that prevents us from bringing a hair dryer or my hot air curling brush.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LightCruiser210 said:

You are not allowed to bring those items on the ship, fire hazard.  That is why they provide a hair dryer in the room, hard wired.

Apparently you haven’t cruised very often. As others have stated, your response is not true. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

It is aggravating to have to dry your hair and use your curling iron in the middle of your living area,

my wife brings an extension cord and dries her hair in the bathroom

8 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

Great idea! I do bring one, but it's only about 3 ft.  Maybe I'll get a longer one.

They're very handy. I don't even bother taking a power strip. I always bring an extension cord that's 9-10 ft. Plus a 3-way adapter. That gives us enough plugs for charging devices, etc. and the extension cord reaches wherever we need it, to include the bathroom. I always take my portable fan and I can put it right next to the bed at night. With the long cord, it can also be used to vent out a steamy bathroom after a hot shower.