GETAWAY FOOD ITEMS

MaisonRose

Hello, My first NCL cruise starts on 27 April and as I try to read the postings here and on the Roll Call, some questions pop up. Having been a frequent HAL sailor I took some things for granted, like Bigelow Earl Grey tea and those pink packets of sweet n low, and sugar free ice cream. So NCL fans, can you advise me on the above items or tea brands...or if there are special cafes for cappuccinos, gelatos, etc?

I’m gluten-free, too. Any advice as to special treats that are GF favorites, like bagels or waffles, etc. I’ll leave it there and will look forward to news from experts (should I lug tea bags on board?)  Thanks for indulging these simple concerns. Can’t wait to get started.

1 hour ago, MaisonRose said:

Hello, My first NCL cruise starts on 27 April and as I try to read the postings here and on the Roll Call, some questions pop up. Having been a frequent HAL sailor I took some things for granted, like Bigelow Earl Grey tea and those pink packets of sweet n low, and sugar free ice cream. So NCL fans, can you advise me on the above items or tea brands...or if there are special cafes for cappuccinos, gelatos, etc?

I’m gluten-free, too. Any advice as to special treats that are GF favorites, like bagels or waffles, etc. I’ll leave it there and will look forward to news from experts (should I lug tea bags on board?)  Thanks for indulging these simple concerns. Can’t wait to get started.

On the buffet there will be gluten free signs...not sure about Earl Grey...maybe you should bring him with you, just in case😃

If you have to be gluten free (i.e., celiac disease vs. gluten free by choice), contact the NCL Access desk 866-584-9756 (https://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising) at least 45 days prior to cruise to register your food allergy. Coordinate your food restrictions with each restaurant you intend to dine in advance. If the restaurant can not guarantee that your food restrictions are accommodated, they can and will refuse service (i.e., your health is more important than your hunger). 

There is pink, yellow, blue and regular sugar at all restaurants. 

The tea selection is kinda dependent on who filled the tea box. Here are a couple of recent examples. Earl was in both sample boxes. 

image.png.c517f5cb9deb01901c350076a9f9f597.png

image.png.71149ea49efa731627bddf58a21d4e64.png

image.thumb.png.4e281f1bab4e262894ced1957691886f.png

Edited by BirdTravels

I'm not a tea drinker but DW is sometimes & she also brings some of her own teas along.  As BirdTravels points out it also depends greatly on who's filling the tea box.

We've also noticed the teas selection seems to be better in the specialty restaurants (LeBistro, Cagnys, etc) than in the MDR or buffet.

When I drink tea, however, I am also a BIG Earl Grey fan!  lol