Celebrity Solstice Alaska cruise questions

AnnaNicole

I understand Cabin #6238 has an extended balcony.   Is this true?   Are there any obstructions from lifeboats below?

We have the Classic Beverage package as a Perk  (not really a perk because we paid a lot more for it and gratuities to be included).   Does it include bottled water, soda, and cappuccino?  My husband does not drink alcohol and I am a light drinker (a couple of glasses of wine) so I want to be sure it is worth it.   

Any recommendations on hotels to stay at the night before?  We arrive around 9pm.   Is an airport hotel a good idea?

40 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

I understand Cabin #6238 has an extended balcony.   Is this true?   Are there any obstructions from lifeboats below?

We have the Classic Beverage package as a Perk  (not really a perk because we paid a lot more for it and gratuities to be included).   Does it include bottled water, soda, and cappuccino?  My husband does not drink alcohol and I am a light drinker (a couple of glasses of wine) so I want to be sure it is worth it.   

Any recommendations on hotels to stay at the night before?  We arrive around 9pm.   Is an airport hotel a good idea?

If you're coming in at 9PM. I would suggest an airport hotel, makes no sense to go into the city and then go to pier the next morning. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnnaNicole said:

If you are flying into SEA and don't want to spend any time in Seattle, the airport hotels provide a shuttle to the Solstice in the morning for a small fee. 

The hotel usually has a sign up list where you sign up for the shuttle the night before and choose the time you want to leave in the morning.

(I don't recall exactly how much it cost, but just that it was very reasonable considering the distance involved.)

For one night at SEA, I don't think you can go wrong booking any 4 star or above airport hotel on hotwire or priceline using their hot rate or express deals. 

You almost always get a better price that way than booking with the hotel.

It should list airport shuttle under the hotel's list of amenities, if they provide it.

Just to clarify, the hotel's airport shuttle is always free. 

The shuttle charge mentioned above is only for the ride from the hotel to the ship.

Edited by varoo
  • Like 1

We stayed at the Cedarbrook Lodge which is very close to the airport.  There is a free shuttle that picks you up. A really nice hotel with great food.  

As for the room, I would opt for a higher floor for better viewing.  

We took Seattle Express Shuttle.  Arrived early to pick us up!  Clean mini bus which picked us up at the hotel.  Flawless...

• Like 1

Yes, that room has a larger and deeper balcony.

Seattle had a free luggage valet service, Port Valet, when leaving the ship.  We put-on the tags the night before disembarking and then saw them at our destination airport.  We did have to pay the airline baggage fee.  This allowed us to explore Seattle  via a tour before heading to the airport. Check it out.

Edited by keesar
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tourist1292 said:

6238 has a slightly larger balcony than average. Not as big as 6240 or 6236. There is some obstruction if you look downward.

Thanks for that info.  It is a 1A category; I am surprised it has some obstruction.    Do you know if 6327 has an obstruction?

1 hour ago, AnnaNicole said:

Thanks for that info.  It is a 1A category; I am surprised it has some obstruction.    Do you know if 6327 has an obstruction?

Do you mean 6237? There is no 6327. 6237 is about the same as 6238 in terms of view but in the opposite side. See the photo with 6238 labeled by a yellow box. It is fine if you look forward. 6209, 6210, 6214, and 6215 should have better view.

6238.jpg

Edited by Tourist1292
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tourist1292 said:

Do you mean 6237? There is no 6327. 6237 is about the same as 6238 in terms of view but in the opposite side. See the photo with 6238 labeled by a yellow box. It is fine if you look forward. 6209, 6210, 6214, and 6215 should have better view.

6238.jpg

Yes,  6237.   Thanks for the info.

For Alaska on Solstice - is there a preference for port or starboard?

We have stayed several times at the Cedarbrook Lodge several times and love the hotel.  It is essentially a airport hotel, but doesn't feel like an standard airport hotel.  Lovely grounds with no airport sounds and a wonderful buffet breakfast.

Is your classic beverage package the Classic alcohol package or the non-alcohol classic package?  Your classic alcohol beverage package covers basic bottled water, sodas and capucinnos.  In addition it covers basic cocktails and some wines.  The bars on board will have lists of what beverages a classic covers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

I guess the port side. We actually booked one cabin on each side so we don't need to go to the deck to get the views on both side when cruising the inside passage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnnaNicole said:

Deck 5 port side is one of the smoking areas, so you might wish to stay on the starboard side for that reason.

6238 in not an obstructed view cabin per se. If you look directly downward you will see the walkway of deck 5 and the bow of a smaller lifeboat; but every midship or aft cabin not on the flat portion of the hump has the same downward view of the deck 5 walkway, or a view of the top of a large lifeboat - which is not the case with your cabin.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We have stayed several times at the Cedarbrook Lodge several times and love the hotel.  It is essentially a airport hotel, but doesn't feel like an standard airport hotel.  Lovely grounds with no airport sounds and a wonderful buffet breakfast.

Is your classic beverage package the Classic alcohol package or the non-alcohol classic package?  Your classic alcohol beverage package covers basic bottled water, sodas and capucinnos.  In addition it covers basic cocktails and some wines.  The bars on board will have lists of what beverages a classic covers.

I booked the Cedarbrook Lodge.  Thank you both for the hotel recommendation and additional information.  

21 hours ago, keesar said:

We stayed at the Cedarbrook Lodge which is very close to the airport.  There is a free shuttle that picks you up. A really nice hotel with great food.  

As for the room, I would opt for a higher floor for better viewing.  

We took Seattle Express Shuttle.  Arrived early to pick us up!  Clean mini bus which picked us up at the hotel.  Flawless...

Booked Cedarbrook Lodge.   I will look into the Seattle Express shuttle.    Thanks