A lovely start to SD 1 crossing

mcpepe

Well it's lovely to be back on Seadream 1 for the crossing from San Juan to Malaga. 

There are 60 guests, at least 20 of us from last year so there were lots of happy hugs our first day. Many more repeat guests are new to the crossing. And of course there are a few first time guests that are quickly being taken into the fold. 

A lovely addition was a stop in Virgin Gorda for the beach party and Champagne and Caviar splash. Originally scheduled for Jost Van Dyke, it was changed to Virgin Gorda. Though disappointed I didn't get to go to Foxy's the party was wonderful as always! 

We're now underway to Funchal, Madeira.

So happy to be back! 

20190415_112047.jpg

If I may add my 2 cents here, it has been lovely so far.  Lots of familiar faces among the crew and a passenger or two from prior cruises.  Nice to meet you, mcpepe.  

Today at Noon we were 500 plus miles from San Juan and 2000 plus miles from Funchal where we are currently scheduled to arrive at 12:30 PM on April 24.

All is well on board.  As usual, great food, excellent service and many happy and smiling faces among the crew and passengers.  The first day or so, the seas were slightly more agitated than usual but not at all bad.  Things have calmed down nicely and we have had a couple of days of slight motion accompanied by partly cloudy skies.  We seem to be heading more west than north at this point which I would imagine is designed to take advantage of warmer temperatures as long as possible.  It's absolutely lovely sitting outside enjoying the gentle breeze.

60 passengers is a nice number for this yacht.  No crowded areas but still plenty of people to chat with.  Also, much less likelihood of running out of beer with that number of passengers on board!

Will try to chime in here from time to time as my busy schedule permits.

• Like 1