Cruise passengers threaten mutiny

derf5585

Sorry, I don't mean to be cruel, but all I have is a picture of 'geriatric' passengers in wheelchairs and canes waving them in the air at the crew.

I know that there is a good mix of age groups on the ship, it just popped into my mind.

All of this for just one leg of her around the world cruise. There are more legs coming, and with the ship down to just 3 apizods instead of 4, I wonder how many more legs of this cruise will be without any ports of call? I also wonder when Cunard will inform their future passengers they will be missing ports of call? That's a lot of passengers to call, worldwide.....

This reminds me of the Dream last summer in Alaska.... Anyone current on the news will have heard about the QM2 losing one of its apizods. But how many are not that current with the news?

We'll hear that Cunard should have changed the intinerary or put her in drydock immediately. But drydocks aren't available immediately. And its kind of difficult to change the intinerary when the ship is booked with passengers embarking and disembarking around the world on different legs, which took months to accomplish.

I'll bet that after the ports were dropped, the food, service, entertainment, and everything else quickly became a "NIGHTMARE." Be interesting to read what gets posted here.

You stated that well. I would bet that many who post what a nightmare there cruise was actually had something go wrong early in the cruise (bad boarding, stateroom, losing a port, ,,etc) and let it bother them until they found fault with everything on their cruise.

So-Don't worry. Be happy.

jmo

-Monte

We should force all these people to sail on the Dream :D :D

What a crowd. My favorite message from onboard the QM2

Julian Abbiati, who was supposed to meet his friends from the ship

during the scheduled stop in St. Kitts, writes, 'The people on the

vessel including my good friends should look to history and the likes of

the late Rosa Parks and stand their ground for a full refund and nothing

less!'

Ah, yes. Demanding a full refund on a luxury cruise is just like

sparking the civil rights movement

What a crowd. My favorite message from onboard the QM2

Julian Abbiati, who was supposed to meet his friends from the ship

during the scheduled stop in St. Kitts, writes, 'The people on the

vessel including my good friends should look to history and the likes of

the late Rosa Parks and stand their ground for a full refund and nothing

less!'

Ah, yes. Demanding a full refund on a luxury cruise is just like

sparking the civil rights movement

let's face it, all kinds of nuts are out there. A full refund, standing your ground, becoming another Rosa Parks, NOT!!!!

Now shoreguy, I don't know that I want them on the Dream. I'm afraid I'd be more comfortable on the Dream than the QM2. Too stuffy for my tastes.

-Monte

This is killing me. It's unbelievable what some people expect as their "due," and how quick they are to think that it's fine to sue over a disappointment. Sorry, but really...boo-hoo-hoo, poor pax, stuck on a beautiful cruise ship. Yes, I'd be disappointed, but get real--50% off a future cruise for missing a few ports? I'd be all over that!

This is really upsetting me; I think I should start a class action lawsuit against these rebellious pax. Anyone want to join me?

beachchick

This is killing me. It's unbelievable what some people expect as their "due," and how quick they are to think that it's fine to sue over a disappointment. Sorry, but really...boo-hoo-hoo, poor pax, stuck on a beautiful cruise ship. Yes, I'd be disappointed, but get real--50% off a future cruise for missing a few ports? I'd be all over that!

This is really upsetting me; I think I should start a class action lawsuit against these rebellious pax. Anyone want to join me?

beachchick

What are your damages?

Ya know, I though I'd try to give a serious thought to this (at least for me).

I know that some people really enjoy sea days and to them this would be a dream cruise, but my family really enjoys port days much better. More than one or two sea days on a cruise and we start to get bored. That said I can understand why many passengers are disappointed, but to me, even as much as we enjoy port days 50% off the next cruise would seem to be adequate.

jmo

-Monte

Archived