24 hr hold on cabin 9654 on Radience. Obstructed view. Yes or no?

p0mpey

I have a hold on this cabin and although I have managed to find that the obstructed view is the window washing ladder I cannot find whether it is something to avoid. The reason for maybe selecting it is that it shows a slightly larger balcony. However there are unobstructed cabins available at the same price and would really love to get some first hand advice on whether the extra space is worth putting up with the obstructed view. This will be for a transpacific voyage so 18 days. Thanks for any feedback.

Edited by p0mpey
misspelling

We had the cabin above yours....there is a ladder and platform that you can see, but it didn't "obstruct" our view at all.  We enjoyed the extra space (sort of behind a wall) for naps and getting out of the wind.  While I was worried when I booked, it turned out to be nothing to be worried about.  You will get used to the ladder/platform quickly.  Not a big deal.

update - the room on the opposite side of the ship gave a compilation on the room 9254:

<<Balcony Size>> Oversized as it was the last balcony cabin aft on the ship's port side. The balcony was longer than normal with a nice pocket at the back end. We had a lounger & 2 x chairs + table. <<Balcony View>> his cabin had a 'partial obstruction' which was the window washing equipment at the aft of the ship. I didn't find it a problem really but if you were looking forward and wanted to take a picture from the balcony, you had to choose your angle! The balcony section at the back of the ship was covered by the superstructure as this was the last cabin on the port side aft so was very sheltered. <<Other Comments>> If you don't like walking, this isn't the cabin for you! We liked it and certainly would book it again, the long walk down the corridor wasn't a problem for us as it made us walk off the food!

We have been in 9652, just next door to 9654, for a 16 day transatlantic.  The stateroom was quiet.  We viewed 9654 during the cruise and would not hesitate to book that stateroom.  The balcony is oversized and protected from the wind.  The ladder "obstruction" is the window washing equipment.  During the ocean voyage it was not used.  We did not feel it was a significant obstruction.