Free at sea internet upgrade

Corycor

@Joanne G. register & activate as many devices as you want/need - use any one at a time, switch back-n-forth; the newest log-in get a prompt to disconnect the older one (if you get unlimited plan).  Otherwise, must remember to use login.com and logout.com "commands" to sign in and out to start/stop the metering of those precious 250 or 30 or 60 minutes, etc. 

I am going on the Joy with my 13 yo granddaughter.  I would like her to be able to text me where she is and where she is going at various times of the day.  Is there an app for this?  Do we need to use our 250 minutes for this?  Can we both be logged in at the same time or do I need to purchase another plain for her?

I am going on a BtoB cruise to the Panama and Alaska, I opted for the 250 free wifi minutes. They are now offering an upgrade to unlimited wifi for both cruises for $650 CAD. 
If I wait until the second day on-board to buy the upgraded package, do I buy multiple packages for 28 days?

Thank you for any advice 

Is there a huge difference in the quality of the two options?  I'm doing a TA in mid-April.  I wasn't initially interested in upgrading the package, but started feeling guilty about work.  I need to be available for fire drills.  :(  Will the basic WiFi package be sufficient or should I go with the streaming option?

• 2 months later...
On 2/24/2020 at 10:21 AM, Russiamomm said:

Is there a huge difference in the quality of the two options?  I'm doing a TA in mid-April.  I wasn't initially interested in upgrading the package, but started feeling guilty about work.  I need to be available for fire drills.  😞 Will the basic WiFi package be sufficient or should I go with the streaming option?

Depends on what you are doing.  If you are only doing email the basic is good enough.  If you are remoting or vpn then you need the top package.  Last year I did IP Phone and Remoting into work and needed every bit of the top package.  Some days it only worked at 4 am to do good remoting.  Emails and web pages were good most days.