San Juan boarding question

CruzerDeb

San Juan boarding question. Looks like the ship leaves at 10:00pm; will likely have to check out of our hotel by 11:00am or so. Then what? Can you take your luggage to the ship and just drop it off (including carryons if you've put a luggage tag on them) and then explore San Juan? Can you board the ship and then get back off? How many times can you get on and off?

I think most ships board around 11am.  So you can at least get your luggage on the ship.

And, that I'm aware of, all of them let you get back off an explore the city.  I doubt there's a limit to how many times you can get on and off....  The actual times you get on and off will really depend on where your ship starts- in Old San Juan- which is right across the street from the historic area, or PanAm Pier- which is a taxi ride away.

3 hours ago, brookie848 said:

Keep in mind that your muster drill may be some time in the late afternoon.

Don't be concerned they'll have a makeup one for those that don't make the 5:45pm one.

• 4 weeks later...

If you don’t want to go all the way to the pier to drop your stuff, take it to Barrachina in Old San Juan. It’s a restaurant—they say they created the Pina Colada, which I recommend trying—but in the back they have a storage area with a locked door where an extremely nice gentleman will store your bags for free. I know it sounds sketchy but it’s true. They’ll take your bags as early as 9 a.m. If your ship is docked at the Pan American pier it’ll save you some time instead of having to taxi all the way there and back so you can enjoy the city.

You can get on and off the ship as many times as you like.  We left 3 or 4 times and each time we came back we had a bottle of wine (allowing us to circumvent the 1-bottle maximum per passenger limit).

• Like 2

On 5/20/2019 at 10:54 AM, erikaem86 said:

You can get on and off the ship as many times as you like.  We left 3 or 4 times and each time we came back we had a bottle of wine (allowing us to circumvent the 1-bottle maximum per passenger limit).

Has anyone else gotten away with this?  Sounds like it is worth a try!

Which pier did you leave from?  Old San Juan or Pan American?

• 5 weeks later...

Just the info I was looking for. 

58 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

What cruise line? If you are on Royal or Celebrity this would involve a taxi or Uber.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I believe the poster is on Carnival so it would be the Old Town Pier. Easy for them to make as many trips across the street as they want to.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

What cruise line? If you are on Royal or Celebrity this would involve a taxi or Uber.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On Carnival. We have ported in San Juan before, so I was really hoping we could do that with CVS being right there. 😂 I’ll need extra La Croix as well. 

9 hours ago, NCbmwmom said:

On Carnival. We have ported in San Juan before, so I was really hoping we could do that with CVS being right there. 😂 I’ll need extra La Croix as well. 

With Carnival you will be at the Old San Juan Port so really close to CVS and Walgreens!