Celebrity Visa credit card using points for OBC

Jiminy1955

You are mixing two things up. I have a credit card bill to pay to a merchant, in this case Celebrity. I will get double points  for the amount of that bill. (I might also  owe money for gas or groceries on that same statement but I will only get single points for those purchases )

How I pay that off doesn’t affect the fact that I owed money to Celebrity.   I can pay for it out of my checking account, or use some of the money I get back for cashing in the points, or some combination of the two.

Say I owed Celebrity $1000.  I will get double points no matter how I pay that amount.  I could cash in Points for part of it and pay the rest from my checking account and it won’t matter, I still get new points for the purchase.

furthermore, suppose that my bill to Celebrity is all paid off.  On the next statement, before I sail, I buy groceries and gas and a new suitcase.  Now I owe money to those merchants. I can cash in the points against that credit card balance.

When you cash in the points, they ask you for your booking number, sail date, and which ship.  So you have to have an active reservation with Celebrity in order to cash in point. But that reservation may be All paid for and you can still cash in points as a credit on your Bank of America bill.

6 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

When you cash in the points, they ask you for your booking number, sail date, and which ship.  So you have to have an active reservation with Celebrity in order to cash in point. But that reservation may be All paid for and you can still cash in points as a credit on your Bank of America bill.

Thanks, this clarifies it for me. My sticking point was cashing in the points on a paid in full reservation. Didn't think it could be done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Thanks, this clarifies it for me. My sticking point was cashing in the points on a paid in full reservation. Didn't think it could be done.

This clarifies for me as well! Thank you!